Notices

Speechless

Old 01-26-2012, 03:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Speechless

Don't know what to say... I have been drinking since Saturday. I am in a really deep hole this time. This is the worst I have ever been...
Old 01-26-2012, 03:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ovrock View Post
Don't know what to say... I have been drinking since Saturday. I am in a really deep hole this time. This is the worst I have ever been...
you've pretty much said it! Any reason for this, why do you think it happened?
Old 01-26-2012, 03:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

This is the worst I have ever been...
I said that a few times...Then I did something about it.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sending you some loving kind thoughts. You are here with supportive and understanding people who have been there. When I have slipped in the past, I have found it helpful (once I sobered up) to focus on the experience as a learning tool to help me avoid relapsing again. I did learn a lot about myself and my drinking which helped me stay sober the next time.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

If you are on a 5 day bender I would recommend that you get some medical help with the detox.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi ovrock

I think most of us have been in one of those deep dark holes.
The thing to remember is you don't need to stay there.

You can make different choices today and find help - reach out for support.

Think about real life support too - if meetings and AA are not your thing have you looked at SMART, LifeRing, Rational Recovery?

Will you call your counsellor?

There's many many options out there for you

I got out of my black hole - I know you can get back to where you want to be too - but you need to climb a little

D
Old 01-26-2012, 05:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I feel really ill and weak... Don't know how I will make it to work today..
Old 01-26-2012, 06:16 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

maybe call in sick, and go to the dr's and start getting help towards sobriety.

one of our mistakes as addicts is to try to keep hiding it, pretending we can keep doing what we are doing and not pay real consequences. Pretending we are functional often keeps us using.

Admitting we are NOT functional can be a first real step. Admitting it to a real live person, such as a dr, or therapist or trusted friend can make a world of difference over admitting it anonymously on the net.

Just a thought.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:18 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Those hangovers suck. And they only got worse for me each time I went back to drinking.

Get back in the saddle ovrock. It's only going to get worse. You'll die from this if you don't get help.

God bless.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:21 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

If possible can you call in sick today and tomorrow? Go to the doctor today and give yourself 4 days to recover some and pull yourself back together. There is an opening and a top to every hole but you have to want to find it. You can do it, toss out the rest of the booze, make an appointment with your doctor just by doing that you've made some big progress.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:58 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I made it to work. It's a new job, so I had to make the effort... I am on my way out to another job right now. I don;t feel as bad as yesterday. My mouth is dry, and i feel a wreck emotionally...

I was going sooooooooo good this month. Been visiting my therapist, doing stuff around the house.. All it took was a beer at a birthday party to start off a five day binge.

Oh well, I am off to work... See you guys around 10:30
Old 01-27-2012, 01:00 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

All you can do is learn from your mistakes and start again ovrock.
glad you're feeling a little better

D
Old 01-27-2012, 01:11 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hang in there. The first three months are the roughest (Im on day 60 myself) but I had 2 years before I relapsed, so I KNOW that you can get on the other side of those feelings and cravings that you are having now. Dust yourself off and chalk it up to a learning experience. All of us have/need those. Glad your back. :ghug3

Something that really helps me is to remember HALT(Hungry,Angry,Lonely,Tired). If I am having a craving for alcohol, I ask myself if I am any of those things, hungry or angry or lonely or tired and address those issues by eating (Chocolate helps me alot) or taking a nap. Usually by the time I address these issues the craving has passed. The main thing is to do SOMETHING/ANYTHING different rather than drinking.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:24 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

You can do this, you have just reinforced a simple but oh so powerful thought in alcoholics... You cannot have just one drink ever for the rest of your life.

As scary as that was for me it is beautiful now that I am no longer in the darkness, even light (sobriety) can seem scary when you are in the dark pits of hell with alcohol.

Embrace this opportunity to finally accept that you will never drink again, its not being defeated... its truly empowering.

Keep us updated & all of the best in your recovery.

Sincerely ~ NB
Old 01-27-2012, 01:40 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're feeling better today.

And, you learned something important. I couldn't be around alcohol at all for a very long time when I stopped drinking.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:43 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Sounds really awful. Great you were able to show up at the new job.

The old joke is when normal people feel this bad they go to the hospital. Alcoholics go to work.

You'll feel better and back in complete control in a few more days. Right now you might be able to see how out of touch we can be with the facts. A little clarity on offer.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:45 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

All it took was a beer at a birthday party to start off a five day binge.
If you could learn one thing from this entire site....I would hope it would be this.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:50 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hi Ovrock,
Just want to say hi and glad you are feeling better. Amazing isn,t it , one beer equals a 5day binge, thanks for the warning.
Early in recovery I focused a lot on relapse prevention, talked to people, listened to recovery broadcast about relapsing, 8 months sober and those cravings have gone underground,I believe they never go away, I think now about people who have been sober a number of years and pick up,listen to why they picked up and learn,it is easier sometimes to learn from other people,s mistakes.

Ovrock I believe that you can pick yourself up, think about why you relapsed, what can you do this time to prevent it happening again.

on guard
CaiHong
Old 01-27-2012, 02:12 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I made it to work. It's a new job, so I had to make the effort... I am on my way out to another job right now. I don;t feel as bad as yesterday. My mouth is dry, and i feel a wreck emotionally... I was going sooooooooo good this month. Been visiting my therapist, doing stuff around the house.. All it took was a beer at a birthday party to start off a five day binge. Oh well, I am off to work... See you guys around 10:30
Ovrock, glad you feel better....drink plenty of water and try to get a good nights rest .... tomorrow is a brand new day for you, hang in there
Old 01-27-2012, 02:20 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

All it took was a beer at a birthday party to start off a five day binge.
That first beer is the one that gets you drunk.

All the best

Bob R.