Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

January 26 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON

Old 01-26-2012, 02:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Present

January 26 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON:

How often we see wives, husbands and parents come to Al-Anon groups because they have reached the point of desperation over the alcoholic drinking of a family member!

When they are told that Al-Anon’s purpose is not to bring about sobriety for the alcoholic, but peace of mind and sanity for them, they find it hard to take at first. Gradually the philosophy penetrates and they see the problem more clearly. Yet once the alcoholic is safely in AA and doing well, they often feel they “have it made” and Al-Anon becomes unimportant to them. They do not realize they need Al-Anon as a permanent way of life.

TODAY’S REMINDER

Al-Anon is for all those who are living with an alcoholic, whether actively drinking or sober. Unless we realize that, and live that thought, we have missed the whole point and purpose of its beneficent philosophy. To those who get the most out of it, it is truly a way of life.

“Let me never forget how much Al-Anon ca do to make me a better person with a richer, fuller life. It gives me the means and the wisdom to serve others which I must have in order to fulfill myself.”