Notices

Big night out in February

Old 01-25-2012, 09:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Big night out in February

I think I might of started out as having a dry month but since I've noticed so many benefits of NOT drinking, and finding this place I want to quit for good, I know I need to!

Trouble is I began at the new year with a few other friends as us having a 'White January', the others lasted barely over a week but I continued. Now they are planning a big night out on the first weekend of February for me and them to get drunk.

I have to get out of it, the way I look at it is if they are really my friends they will be happy for me, if not I have to move on. It is a difficult realisation.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Stay away

The more you can seperate yourself from the tempation the much better your chances of staying sober. Later on in sobriety, if you have a good reason for being around others while they drink, and are not on shakey ground, and have a sober friend to help you out with support, then you might be safe going and watching them drink. You however, know that you can't drink so if these "friends" simply want to see you fail short of what you are tryinhg to become, it's time to find new friends. Just do the next right thing!!! I have faith you will. Pray for guidance!!!
Old 01-25-2012, 10:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

The people who support me are my true friends and I'm glad I found that out, Marius.
I think you will be too

D
Old 01-25-2012, 11:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
lillyknitting

Originally Posted by Marius76 View Post
I think I might of started out as having a dry month but since I've noticed so many benefits of NOT drinking, and finding this place I want to quit for good, I know I need to!

Trouble is I began at the new year with a few other friends as us having a 'White January', the others lasted barely over a week but I continued. Now they are planning a big night out on the first weekend of February for me and them to get drunk.

I have to get out of it, the way I look at it is if they are really my friends they will be happy for me, if not I have to move on. It is a difficult realisation.
I have a whole bunch of mates that just want to do pub/drink to get drunk every Friday. I have had to wean myself off them as that was my way of life for so long. You can do it if I can, make an excuse, anything, who cares, your sobriety is more important than getting drunk and all the accompanying hell that we've be en through. Sometimes I just stay in, get myself a take away, anything, but the old way, even go to a meeting, then say a prayer Saturday morning that you are not suffering today.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Marius76 View Post
It is a difficult realisation.
As opposed to what?...The reason you are quitting this crap to begin with? Plan yourself a nice sober night for that evening...Let your "friends" get drunk...You'll know in time who your friends are. Take care of yourself for now. I think you will thank yourself later.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Marius come to chat that night. Your '"real" friends will support you.
Take care
Old 01-26-2012, 10:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

ahhh, you guys are the best! I had pretty much decided to make excuses and not go, and I don't actually want to go if I am truly honest to myself. I know what will happen and that isn't a road I want to take anymore.

Thanks for the support you lot;-)