confused

Old 01-25-2012, 07:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

confused

Well AH hasn't been physical with our kids in quite a while and has cut way down on the beers..some days this last week he didn't drink that I know of. But I went out with a friend Friday night and he was pretty rude about it before I went saying well I guess this means I can go out whenever I want...The next morning my kids told me Dad was saying mean things about me...and that he was going to. Move out...and then said no mom needs to move out. This is my house. I confronted him about this and he pretty much denies that it happened like that...and I'm wrong again I guess. My son says he was talking about the time I ran over A little bike in the driveway 5 years ago and how I just crashed into his jeep in the driveway a month ago..and who knows what else...My son told me that Dad is getting meaner every day..
Old 01-25-2012, 07:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

When I told AH about this he said he m...ight as well go kill himself...
Old 01-25-2012, 07:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Chances are good that he won't do that, so, what is your plan to get yourself and your kids away from this abuser?
Old 01-25-2012, 07:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I just don't know anymore.......:rotfxko
Old 01-25-2012, 07:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Sorry, but I don't think there's anything funny about this.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I really thought that was someone punching and crying....that's what I meant...I am so full of anxiety and depression and have been for a long time. I was in denial for toooo long.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Have you had the opportunity to talk over your options with a local domestic violence counselor? They have a lot of experience counseling folks on what sorts of things others in your shoes have done, to improve their lives and live more safely.

The behavior you descibe is damaging and toxic to your children. His access to the kids allows him to manipulate and poison their thinking.

Confronting him may be dangerous - you have no way of knowing if he will snap during a confrontation, and harm you. He has already shown he has the potential to do this.

Sending support,

CLMI
Old 01-25-2012, 11:25 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am not one to preach bc I stayed and subjected my kids to crap with AH waaaaay too long. But my heart skipped a beat at your first line that AH hasn't been too physical with the kids in a while. My AH didn't ever touch our kids and even still it was horribly abusive to the girls that I stayed and subjected them to his crap for as long as I did.

YOU can be held responsible just as much as your AH by child protective services if he is abusing them and you do nothing.

Your kids are begging you to get away from him. You owe them that.

The suicide threat is just that. A threat. It's a pity move and I think every last one of us with A so's has heard it. It's b.s. and frankly even if it's not, your son is pleading with you.

I am worried about your kids. You need to get them away from him.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:19 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I remember shortly after my X and I had separated he called me at work threatening suicide, saying he had a gun and was going to blow himself away, that the whole place would be covered in blood, ugh. So, I hung up on him called the police and they called an ambulance and together they took him to the ER, kept him for surveillance and detoxed him for weeks. He never threatened suicide again.