Notices

I am drunk right now

Old 01-25-2012, 01:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am drunk right now

ok so i have been sober for ages (bout 2 months), i had pain in my liver and was scared and thought i can do this easy (not drinking that is coz i thought i was unwell)!! got the result that my liver is fine (suprisingly) a bit of vitamin deficency but all good. My attitude of regardless of results im gonna not drink alcohol anymore..went out the window. I was supposed to start a job 2morro, i had one glass of red and got a call to say they forgot it was australia day (public holiday) and that i need to start next week instead. So i figure i dont have enough to drink and went and got more to celebrate new job and healthy liver.. Im listening to music i love i havnt done that since drinking...im having fun and enjoying it.
Without health scare i dont know how else to abstein. i dont have incentive! is this a once off?? I liked myself better when i wasnt drinking! but i didnt know how to enjoy music when i was sober, or never gave myself the chance to.?
Old 01-25-2012, 01:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

i dont know if what im writing makes sense..
its just i dont love music as much... when im sober i only listen to music as im doing other things.. music is the sole thing when im drinking...and i miss that!
Old 01-25-2012, 02:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow, sorry to hear this. Great news on your liver, though.

You've enough time to get though this drunk and be sober enough to make it to the new job. It does take a couple of days to get rid of the booze stink so pace yourself accordingly.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

i am off my nut i think. I maybe just need this once off and back to norml P)
Old 01-25-2012, 02:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I know the part of me that wanted to drink was always incredibly persuasive. Somehow it always made me forget how I'd feel later

I hope you'll think about this more tomorrow - you and I both know it's going to be hard to pull up on a public holiday, on Australia Day - then it's Friday and the weekend....

I hope you'll make a statement of intent - if only to yourself.

it's a very alcoholic thing to think 'yipee, my livers fine after all'.... and then go and drink.

I'm glad you got good news but sooner or later we have to pay the piper y'know?
You got a break - the choices you make now can set the scene for the rest of our life.

D