Notices

What happened to the tax?

Old 01-24-2012, 02:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What happened to the tax?

OK.....Was a heavy drinker for thirty years MY FAULT ALL OF IT.

Been sober for about 3 months now, never bothered with rehab and recovery groups before, but this time I started going to groups , AA, and two abstainence groups, recently the funding has been pulled from one of the groups and one other is threatened.

So whats the deal with all the tax I and other service users paid on alcohol over the years, I thought this was utilised by the NHS, does the revenue from booze get allocated fairly? If not has there ever been a legal challenge? would t be worth pursuing a legal case to try and get fairness?
Old 01-24-2012, 04:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

I have no idea, since I'm from the states.

Welcome to SR! Stick around.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm not from the UK either but I think it's a basic fact the world over that taxpayers have little or no say where their tax is allocated, DeLivery.

If you're really committed, I hope you can get involved in some kind of lobby group

Welcome

D
Old 01-25-2012, 06:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Cheers ....Yes a basic fact we let the buggers get away with ! and they make things worse with the money they get.

Been ill with B vit problems also of late, not been able to get to bottom of it, even cutting through all that alky psychology poor me stuff, the doctors are still very slow I think.

And now they want to add more tax , a minimum unit price, so the way I look at it is this ## the help I am getting now is inefficient and costing the NHS moer as I seem to be being sent in constant circles, so if they had scrapped all the tax on alcohol , in theory I would be a millionaire now and be able to afford the correct healthcare. ( only in theory tho)