Just a word of thanks

Old 01-24-2012, 09:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just a word of thanks

I am fairly new here. I just want to say that I am so very grateful to have found this site. I have not posted too much but I have been pouring through these threads on and off for weeks. I have found a wealth of inspiration and wisdom in everyone's words. I have so many posts and stickys that I have printed out and refer back to often. I cannot tell you what a comfort this has been at such a difficult time in my life. I can only hope to help others here one day as so many of you helped me. Thank you again.

Suzanne
Old 01-24-2012, 05:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I am glad all this is helping you SuzyMarie.

Recovery begins with just one codie helping another, and those who have been where you are, sharing their experience, strength and hope.

I am forever grateful to those who went before me, and humbly try to give back what was so freely given to me.

Hugs
Old 01-24-2012, 05:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
TMZ

I am glad you are finding help in others stories but you can also help now by sharing yours. we all learn and gain something from others situations. It's how we all learn how to deal with this disease, you might think your not offering much but it could help so many of us.
please share when you feel comfortable. Or just ask some questions.

Welcome, to your new family.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

suzy i am glad you are here. welcome to S.R. keep coming back...
Old 01-24-2012, 07:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I find help and hope here on SR everyday...I'm glad that you are finding comfort here.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 01-25-2012, 01:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Welcome to our SR Family ~

glad you are finding the help you need to deal with this painful stuff!

Please continue to reach out for the support you need!

PINK HUGS,
Rita
Old 01-28-2012, 10:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I too am grateful for this site and feel much like yourself. It took time but after alot of reading and paying attention to the subject period I see things much clearer. Things have much more perspective. Anything from people harping don't enable to detaching yourself from the problem one.

It took awhile but even the staunch old timers of the family see the strategies of sites like this. Myself and others finally got them talking in terms of addiction, recovery, sobriety etc. Finally after several years of trying to convince people we had an issue with a family member the old timers finally called out the problem to his face tiring of his excuses. I didn't think there was hope for them especially but they finally see the light as do I.

There are still many issues to deal with the problem one but learning & understanding what's going on, what should go on and why is a HUGE step for friends & family.
Old 01-28-2012, 10:48 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Agreed. Since I found SR a week ago I've been on it everyday. Today it's been my comfort support and lifeline. Wish there were more west coasters on here that stay up law like me. Come out come out wherever you are. :-)