Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

January 23 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON

Old 01-24-2012, 12:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Present

January 23 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON:

Learning the Al-Anon program in all its deep meanings, and applying it to my daily life is not a simple matter of going to a meeting now and then. Suppose I had decided to learn another language or study art or a science; I would have to work at it every day and practice the things I learned until they became part of me. A philosopher or an artist studies every day for years to perfect himself. How can I hope to perfect myself in the Al-Anon way of life without daily application?

TODAY’S REMINDER

Right now, I am reading something that will help me to grasp the Al-Anon philosophy. Right now, I will set myself up a program of reading the Al-Anon literature, which will help me to understand my problem and improve my outlook on life. Then I will be ready to solve my difficulties as they arise; then I will know when to stand aside and let them work themselves out.

“’Understanding is a wellspring of life to him that hath it.’ (Proverbs) I pray for the steadfastness to read, every day, something that will help me to gain understanding.”