Update :)

Old 01-23-2012, 05:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update :)

Hi all.... getting caught up on my reading around here.
As you all know I left my ex RABF in early November.. He's doing really well, not that I hoped or expected that, so really it is a pleasant surprise. Still in sober living, no slowing on the sponsor, meetings, step work. We've started to talk more, seeing each other sometimes. I refuse to get back together with him, and said I would consider where we were at when he got 6 months, but obviously he is impatient.

Enough about him... hah.

I got a commitment finally at my alanon meeting... cant stop going now!! Still trying to find sponsor, but picked up a new sponsee in AA, helping me get out of my head. I moved to the new place, a fresh start with rent I can finally afford without him with a roommate that is normal and doesnt bully me like the last girl (also in recovery).

Just wanted to check in... instead of check out and sink back into old patterns.

I hope all the newbies here are finding their way peacefully : )
Old 01-23-2012, 05:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
TMZ

Good to here your making progress.

Keep going to Nar-anon it works when you work it and your worth it.

Be well,
Old 01-23-2012, 08:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

humnbird, thanks for the update! you sound quite peaceful and I look forward to having a few moments to reply more fully... really glad that it sounds as though life is unfolding in a slow serene manner. progress, not perfection.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by humnbird View Post
Hi all.... getting caught up on my reading around here.
As you all know I left my ex RABF in early November.. He's doing really well, not that I hoped or expected that, so really it is a pleasant surprise. Still in sober living, no slowing on the sponsor, meetings, step work. We've started to talk more, seeing each other sometimes. I refuse to get back together with him, and said I would consider where we were at when he got 6 months, but obviously he is impatient.

Enough about him... hah.

I got a commitment finally at my alanon meeting... cant stop going now!! Still trying to find sponsor, but picked up a new sponsee in AA, helping me get out of my head. I moved to the new place, a fresh start with rent I can finally afford without him with a roommate that is normal and doesnt bully me like the last girl (also in recovery).

Just wanted to check in... instead of check out and sink back into old patterns.

I hope all the newbies here are finding their way peacefully : )
Wow! It sounds like you have really been working on you. That is where it all begins and we are forever learning. You are so right that with God the messes are turned into messages.
I like that saying and may use it myself when sharing with other friends and family members. I have trusted God thru all the issues in my life and He got me through it all. For me, I had to get to the point to give it all to Him and then it made it easier for me because being alone at a time like this is awful. I don't know what I would have done without Him!!
Keep up the good work of taking care of you and no matter how impatient he is allow God to let you know when and what to do. God bless you.