Notices

I do not miss......

Old 01-21-2012, 04:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I do not miss......

I do not miss waking up and feeling scared that I'm gonna die, worse yet that I would have a stroke (crazy but it's one of my big fears) I do not miss the shame and guilt feelings, hangovers,the berating myself for drinking, the bloat, lack of energy,my blood sugar being off, the constant watching the clock for drinking time, the stale alcohol smell in the mornings..gross! I think alot of this is helping me with my sobriety, especially thinking if I relapse how I would feel the next morning...oh I get cravings but I just think about the next morning and how I would feel emotionally. One thing I have notice is I hardly have any negative thoughts about myself...which is so nice!
Old 01-21-2012, 05:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

You GO, Nel!!! That's so awesome. Isn't it great to wake up with a clear head, knowing what you did the night before, and not having to wonder how you're going to get through the day without a drink? Bless your heart. I know the cravings, for sure, but they don't carry as much weight as the feeling we get when we are sober, clear-headed, and not bogged down by insecurity, hopelessness, self-loathing, and despair.

Keep on keepin' on. You're worth it. Thank you for the inspiration today.
Old 01-21-2012, 05:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good for you, Nel.
Old 01-21-2012, 05:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by desertsong View Post
You GO, Nel!!! That's so awesome. Isn't it great to wake up with a clear head, knowing what you did the night before, and not having to wonder how you're going to get through the day without a drink? Bless your heart. I know the cravings, for sure, but they don't carry as much weight as the feeling we get when we are sober, clear-headed, and not bogged down by insecurity, hopelessness, self-loathing, and despair. Keep on keepin' on. You're worth it. Thank you for the inspiration today.
Thanks desertsong, your doing great too!! It is great to wake up feeling good!!. I use to wake up, eyes pop open wide with fear and think...OMG!!!What did I post on facebook!..lol I remember when I use to drunk dial years ago then I stopped and started drunk facebooking...lol..Glad I don't gotta worry about that anymore!
Old 01-21-2012, 05:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

omg, I totally relate to the Facebook thing, and emails too. Waking up with a sense of dread at what I might have posted to my page ... and then going back and deleting stuff, hoping nobody saw it before I deleted it. Ugh. Easy enough to delete obnoxious Facebook stuff but once an email is sent, it is SENT and it's a done deal. The horror of viewing my emails and other FB posts still lingers to this day. No wonder I'd wake up and find 5-10 fewer friends on FB than I had the day before! lol They must've thought I was a looney-tune ... and they'd be correct.

I still post stupid crap on FB but now I'm sober. Just my warped sense of humor looking for an outlet. As long as I'm sober, who cares where I vent?
Old 01-21-2012, 06:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by desertsong View Post
omg, I totally relate to the Facebook thing, and emails too. Waking up with a sense of dread at what I might have posted to my page ... and then going back and deleting stuff, hoping nobody saw it before I deleted it. Ugh. Easy enough to delete obnoxious Facebook stuff but once an email is sent, it is SENT and it's a done deal. The horror of viewing my emails and other FB posts still lingers to this day. No wonder I'd wake up and find 5-10 fewer friends on FB than I had the day before! lol They must've thought I was a looney-tune ... and they'd be correct. I still post stupid crap on FB but now I'm sober. Just my warped sense of humor looking for an outlet. As long as I'm sober, who cares where I vent?
Hahahaha I use to get up way early to and go delete...lol!!.....The drunk facebooking memories is good for a chuckle now...
Old 01-21-2012, 06:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nel68 View Post
Thanks desertsong, your doing great too!! It is great to wake up feeling good!!. I use to wake up, eyes pop open wide with fear and think...OMG!!!What did I post on facebook!..lol I remember when I use to drunk dial years ago then I stopped and started drunk facebooking...lol..Glad I don't gotta worry about that anymore!
OMG!!! I did the EXACT same thing!!! I would dread looking at my phone the next morning and see the people I had called/texted.... And drunk face booking??? Yeah, that was me alright. I swear Facebook led me to drinking more. I would sit on fb all night and get hammered. I sure don't miss that!!!
Old 01-21-2012, 06:52 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

All awesome points nel68! I too want to drink at times but then think of the next day and the dreaded anxiety, stomach pain, self loathing etc. I too am finding that I am becoming easier on myself and beginning to explore forgiving myself for past mistakes. Only 2 weeks in and already life is sweeter; I finally see the light of hope. Thanks for posting this
Old 01-21-2012, 07:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Most timely topic! Thank you!
Old 01-21-2012, 08:29 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

One HUGE DITTO to all ,

Like someone said in tonites gratitude , I am so glad that we are in this boat together, so lets all keep on rowing.

Good love,Inda
Old 01-22-2012, 10:08 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Y'all just read my mind. So scary to see "So and So commented on your status" and having to go see what the hell my status was because Lord knows I had no clue. Thank you all so much for this great reminder!!