Getting There

Old 01-19-2012, 02:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Getting There

well wherever there is, guess the main thing is that it's not here or even better where I was at the beginning of the week.

I got confirmation today that ABF should get into rehab on Tuesday, all he has to do is be with it enough for a telephone assessment on Monday. The indicators are good, he's cut back over the past three days, drinking to control the withdrawals. The ironic problem is that he's not drinking enough and is suffering but he is more aware than he was for the week prior to that.

He also called his mum today to let her know. I know it wasn't an easy convo but he did it, again a good indication I think.

On the me front, I'm getting better at detaching. We've had a big meeting at work over the past few days and a team dinner was arranged for last night. I wasn't going to go, then decided I would but just for drinks. Then decided, no, I should stay for dinner as that is what I want to do. I ended up staying far later than I planned, and naturally got a bit worried as I headed home - to be met with the lovely shock of a showered and shaved ABF, which was the first time he'd done that in a few days.

There's still a long way to go until he's in rehab but at least we've got this far already.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

:ghug3
Old 01-19-2012, 04:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you, I am so glad you stayed for the dinner, that was a big step in the right direction.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks and a lovely dinner it was as well.