Notices

Feeling tired and still can't sleep

Old 01-19-2012, 12:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling tired and still can't sleep

Hello everyone

I'm on day 17 today and for the last couple of days have had really uncomfortable upper back and neck and still not sleeping properly so wondering if 2 are linked. Just wondered if anyone else had this after the initial withdrawal period. Just feel sluggish and keep getting headaches. Have been trying to avoid taking OTC meds but at some times I just have to. I have been following a reasonable healthy diet and walk every day.

Obv not asking for medical advice just wondered if anyone else had had this. I was probably naive and thought after a couple of weeks I would feel brilliant but just feel so sluggish and aching. Thanks everyone
Old 01-19-2012, 12:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Jushad. Sorry to hear about your back. That would keep me awake too.

I am on day 18 and feeling much better but I know this is just the start. Just keep going... it isn't gping to be all OK after a few weeks. We both have lots to work through.

Your my quittin' buddy

Sunny xx
Old 01-19-2012, 01:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

hiya Sunny

Thanks for your message. Good to hear from you and you sound very positive which is great!

You are my quitting buddy too!! This site is great isn't it. I just thought I'd feel so much better by now but probably forgot that 20 years of abuse isn't going to heal in 2 weeks!

How are you finding things? Are you feeling much better, physically and mentally. I def feel less foggy!!xx
Old 01-19-2012, 01:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I drank for 20 years - so it took me a little longer than 2 weeks to feel really, consistently good

Stick with it guys

D
Old 01-19-2012, 04:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey enough. I have the pain in my neck and upper back too. Even headaches from time to time. For me I think it's from being tensed up alot of the time. My sleep is getting better, but still sometimes sporadic. Our bodies have been thru alot. I drank for over 20 yrs. I sometimes forget how long that actually is. I want to get better immediately, but that's not gonna happen.

Hang in there.

God bless.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I drank to the point of blacking out daily for the last 15 years with one week sobriety total sometime 4 years ago. I can say my head has been pounding for the last 36 hours on and off since my last beer. work up today with lower left back pain...i think our bodies are just in freakin shock as they were numb for so long and are in racing mode...alot of nerves and transmitters waking up...anyway, i am in a brain fog now(and very tried,but cant sleep much) and seem to have typing errors all over the place in my posts...i am also a newbie, so not much to offer..hope you start feeling better
Old 01-19-2012, 11:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by justhadenough View Post
hiya Sunny

Thanks for your message. Good to hear from you and you sound very positive which is great!

You are my quitting buddy too!! This site is great isn't it. I just thought I'd feel so much better by now but probably forgot that 20 years of abuse isn't going to heal in 2 weeks!

How are you finding things? Are you feeling much better, physically and mentally. I def feel less foggy!!xx
Hey there

I am less foggy, too. I feel calmer but had a low day today as I was looking forward to seeing a friend and she couldn't make it so we are meeting tomorrow instead.

I am not happy with my living arrangements - can't stand my tenant but can't afford to ask him to move out. I was used to living by myself but he has no friends or life and when he isn't working he is here. All weekends, never goes anywhere.

I spend more and more time in my bedroom now and on here, which is great. I am so glad I found this place as it keeps me strong and focused.

I'm happier but still have the odd low moment. I know it will pan out. Like you I drank for 20 years, not every day but certainly every third day at the biggest stretch. Coming to grips with the waste that has been has been hard but I know there is no point dwelling on what cannot be changed.

I'm doing this for my health and wellbeing. So many stories on here have really scared me. I am thankful my withdrawal was almost totally non-eventful, bar a few bad dreams.

I am not sure why I got off so lightly. I really don't understand. It's like I am expecting some delayed reaction Although, I think at 19 days I can rule that out.

Hang in there, justhad. In the weeks to come, the reason we are doing this will become clearer.

My head isn't totally clear. But I am getting there and am almost 3 weeks down which is an achievement. Now, to just keep on going

Chat to you again soon

Sunny xx
Old 01-19-2012, 12:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Ditto dee74

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I drank for 20 years - so it took me a little longer than 2 weeks to feel really, consistently good

Stick with it guys

D
Drank over 40 years, now 1 year 6 months sober, still uncomfortable, but things would be worse if I went back to using. Yes, definitely, stick with it guys, your better off not using.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:00 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

hi everyone, thank you for responding. I managed to get a cancellation with the Osteopath yesterday which was a great help. He asked me if I'd been under any stress recently which brought a smile to my face! Going again next week so hopefully he will sort it out.

Hi Sunny, nice to hear from you. Sorry you had a bad day the other day. I've still not really got round to going out in the evenings but I've got a toddler so don't really go out at night anyway!! i had a bad day earlier this week but got some great support on here and am just trying to find ways to deal with my anxiety, anger and mood swings.

Sorry to hear things are a bit difficult at home. Is your tenant there for the long term or could you maybe get a new tenant?

I'm glad you've not had bad symptoms. Isn't it great to feel more clear headed, although, like you, mine isn't totally clear. hope you have a good day and weekend if we don't speak before.xx
Old 01-20-2012, 12:07 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Glad you are getting sorted.

Tiredness on day 20 is still a big problem for me, irritability and as far as rage happening too but it's good to see here on SR that everyone seems to be getting the same withdrawal symptoms so don't anyway feel freakish or alone ...

Hope things start improving for you from here on in xxx
Old 01-20-2012, 12:11 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Isabella

Thanks for your message. I totally agree-it just shows we are not alone when we read of others having the same symptoms (if that doesn't sound selfish!) Congrats on your 20 days. Day 18 for me. are you feeling much better? How are you adjusting?x
Old 01-20-2012, 12:58 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I wont lie to you ... It's TOUGH - the first week was ok but this week especially I have been battling, I'm getting irritated, my memory is so blurred that I'm getting frustrated at silly things that Im forgetting but I am SOOOO glad to be alcohol-free - it's becoming empowering now to know that "I dont drink".

Tiredness and memory loss is the hardest part
Old 01-20-2012, 07:08 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by isabella1bella View Post
I wont lie to you ... It's TOUGH - the first week was ok but this week especially I have been battling, I'm getting irritated, my memory is so blurred that I'm getting frustrated at silly things that Im forgetting but I am SOOOO glad to be alcohol-free - it's becoming empowering now to know that "I dont drink".

Tiredness and memory loss is the hardest part
I know what you mean.I'm finding this week much tougher than last week too. Plus it's been bad news all week. My car has just broken down which is a nuisance but on a positive note I reacted to it better than I would have done if I'd still been drinking so trying to take some comfort from that!!