Notices

Enough is enough. I will win and that's all there is to it.

Old 01-18-2012, 10:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Enough is enough. I will win and that's all there is to it.

Today is day 1 for me people. I'm new to the forum and have lurked some today to learn that this seems to be a place where I can be supported and offer my own support.

Sorry for the short post, but I'm a bit scattered right now and will open up slowly as I sort things out.

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Ownmybehavior!! Welcome!! Like you I am knew to all of this. Actually I'm on my third day without a drink! This is a great site with alot of good information!! Like you and everyone here I was sick and tired of what I had become! I am taking each day at a time and trying to focus on how much better I will feel! You can do this!! We can do this!! Lind
Old 01-18-2012, 10:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lind View Post
Hi Ownmybehavior!! Welcome!! Like you I am knew to all of this. Actually I'm on my third day without a drink! This is a great site with alot of good information!! Like you and everyone here I was sick and tired of what I had become! I am taking each day at a time and trying to focus on how much better I will feel! You can do this!! We can do this!! Lind
Thank you for your kindness and support. I have some experience with successful life changes but will need the support of those pursuing the same goals as I am.

Good luck to you as well.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
~sb

Welcome!

You can stay stopped!
Old 01-18-2012, 11:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

Welcome (love your user name, by the way)! You will have lots of support here. We've all been where you are and if you learn anything here, it's that you CAN succeed. We're behind you.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

welcome! and i love your name too.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks for the compliment. Thanks for the offerings of support also. I'll need to lean very heavily on this forum and it's members so I hope to give as much as I get.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:33 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

That's a fabulous title for a first post and introduction here. You have described the mindset needed for a permanently sober future very well, I think. You will use every resource you can find, read anything, do anything, think anything so that you will stay true to your promise.

I have a very good feeling that you are going to make it. Keep posting here, it helps.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:51 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome! You've made the first step, which for me was the hardest. It is so easy to get stuck in the mindset of waiting til the next day to become sober. Good luck, you can do it!

~ Yellieee *
Old 01-18-2012, 11:57 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Wow Freshstart, thanks for the boost.

To explain, no one made me drink. There was no circumstance that forced me to do something that I didn't want to do. The alcoholism in my family didn't make me drink. It was a decision that I made and I can also make the same decision to not drink.

I can make wise choices and follow a plan to change. That's not wishful thinking, but a statement of fact.

Still day 1 for me so I'll try not to get ahead of myself. One day at a time.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:25 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Do you have an action plan besides just not drinking? (no matter what it is formal or informal, it was helpful to me to have something in place)
Old 01-18-2012, 12:31 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
Do you have an action plan besides just not drinking? (no matter what it is formal or informal, it was helpful to me to have something in place)
Not yet but am developing one. Right now i need a plan to develop a plan. I'm a bit obsessive about details like this. End of today I will have a preliminary one mapped out until I learn more about what to expect.

Thanks yellieee for the support.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:34 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome!
Old 01-18-2012, 12:42 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

hi welcome to sober life
Old 01-18-2012, 05:38 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Like me, OMB, you have an internal locus of control (apparently), and I take that as a good thing. Take a look at one of the other forums here, and this thread in particular. It made a world of difference to me.

You can send me a pm if this rings a bell for you and you'd like more information about this. Oh, and welcome.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:52 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome!

We do understand how hard this is and I hope you know that you will find lots of support here.

When I stopped drinking, I knew that I had to do a lot of soul-searching and work on myself to deal with issues that I had struggled with. Alcohol had allowed me to bury years of emotion and stopping drinking meant that I had to face myself. I am so very glad that I did.
Old 01-18-2012, 06:08 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Welcome, ownmybehavior. I am new here as well and hope to contribute in a meaningful way.

Stay Strong!
Old 01-18-2012, 07:07 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

WELCOME MYOWNNBEHAVIOR....!...... IM on day nine and my energy level and happiness level increases daily! Each morning I look forward to the evening when I can place a big black X on the calender----- to conquer another day! Keep reading and studying the forum; it has helped me tremendously...... BOL!
Old 01-19-2012, 06:01 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

"You can send me a pm if this rings a bell for you and you'd like more information about this. Oh, and welcome."

Thank you FS. I will use the links that you provided and learn more. And I suspect that I will be in touch.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:03 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Welcome!

We do understand how hard this is and I hope you know that you will find lots of support here.

When I stopped drinking, I knew that I had to do a lot of soul-searching and work on myself to deal with issues that I had struggled with. Alcohol had allowed me to bury years of emotion and stopping drinking meant that I had to face myself. I am so very glad that I did.
Thanks Anna for your support. I am in counseling for more than one issue right now and am cleaning house so to speak. Facing my own demons is a scary but necessary challenge.