Notices

I have to remember this all takes time.

Old 01-18-2012, 08:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

I have to remember this all takes time.

Good late morning SR family and friends

I have to remind myself of these types of thing all the time. And with these tools that I use I now can. As I read and meditated this morning these words were brought to my attention.

The new life that I am working on and building cant be built in a day, week,or month. It has taken me over 20 years do even arrive to the point of when I thought I could try to surrender to my way of thinking and living, in June of 2011. And with a couple stumbles in last year I have come along way though in this endeavor. So this year is the first time in my life I am sober from the beginning of it.

So I have to just take my program slowly but steadily , and just built my foundation daily a little at a time. My subconscious mind has to be reeducated. I have to learn to think differently. I have to get used to sober thinking instead of my alcoholic thinking. Which is all I have know for my adult life. And anyone knows that our alcoholic thinking is apt to come back on us when we least expect it. Building my new life is a slow process , as I have read, been told, and also been showed by example it can be done if I am willing to follow direction and remain teachable in my AA program.

As always thank you all here at SR for your support and love. Have a wonderful sober day.

Good love, Inda
Old 01-18-2012, 08:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Very true dylan. Instant gratification has been a part of my life for so long. It's hard to get used to the fact that everything won't just immediately change.
That quote in Stephen Kings book "The Stand" hits the nail on the head.
How was the Great Wall of China built? One stone at a time, man, but you can see that motherf***er from space.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Inda

Of course it is going to take time. But I have that on my side.

Twenty years of frinking steadily. I don't expect to suddenly feel normal. My sobriety is going to change my thinking and my life and like that I am getting little bursts of happiness now, almost 3 weeks in.

I'm getting selfish now and I want more of them, but they will come - slowly - now the fuzz is going.

Stay strong Inda

Sunny xx