Notices

Putting as high of a price on sobriety as I did drinking.

Old 01-17-2012, 03:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Putting as high of a price on sobriety as I did drinking.

Good morning SR friends and family. Up early and getting ready to leave for blood work, so when I see the doctor early next month I will find out exactly what the 20+ years of heavy drinking has done. And it all okay cause today I am working on my new way of life, spiritually and with doctors physically.

For me it doesnt do much good to go to meetings only once inawhile and sit around, just going to lead meeting as hoping to simply get something out of the program. That is alright at first to get settled in , and ease the nerves. But sooner other than later for me, I had to really dive head and attend meetings regulary and do what was suggested. Get a sponsor, get a home group, and get active. And with doing so, also being able to help a fellow alcoholic. By sharing my expierance with them. I dont have alot of time , but that is relative, and also everyday there is a newcomer somewhere. And I have to for my own sobriety have my hand out for them.So todays question to me was am I putting as much time and effort in my sobriety as I did drinking? Because trufully if I put half as much energy I will be just fine. Yes is the answer though , I love my new life.

With my Gods help. I will build a protective screen around myself which will keep out all evil thoughts. I will fashion it out of my attitude toward my god and my attitude toward other people. When one worrying or impatient thought enters into my mind, I will do my best to put it out as fast as it has arrived. I know that love and trust are the solvents for the worry and frets of life. So with that knowledge I am learning to live life on lifes terms.

So every morning I love now , not ready to vomit or drinking yet another shot to get rid of the shakes. I know enjoy waking up not coming to and reading my books and meditating. Todays prayer is that frets adn impatience and worry may not corrode my protective screen against all those evil thoughts that love to creep into the alcoholic mind. I can hope and pray today that I can banish all those thoughts from my life.

Enjoy your lovely sober life all.

Good love, Inda
Old 01-17-2012, 04:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

it works if you work it! happy times are ahead for you
Old 01-17-2012, 04:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great Post!!!!!
Very inspiring.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you

Awesome Inda!!!! Have a great day!
Old 01-17-2012, 04:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

India, I just read the same thing. Thanks for sharing with us. Have a great day!
Old 01-17-2012, 06:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
dopeless hope fiend

I'm a firm believer in the adage that if i just put in half the effort towards my recovery that i did towards my drinking and using then i will be fine.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Well doctor vist done, and of course it downpoured rain the whole way there .Thanking my High Power the whole way for waterproof boots.

Then looked in the AA schedule and saw a meeting down the street, so I hit that one this morning. Love walking into a new one, and meeting all new people.

Then headed toward home and stopped at the gym for a soak in the pool and hot tub. And now off to brew the coffee and set up at my home group. Double header meetings today . Love it .

Good evening to all.

Good love, Inda .