Notices

real tiredness

Old 01-15-2012, 11:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

real tiredness

Woke up this morning tired, real tired but realised 2 weeks into my sobriety that I woke with a real genuine tiredness and not alcohol induced and it gave me a sense of something I can't really explain.

I think I feel content, at peace with myself ?? is that even right? Im not sure but it's definately a feeling that I'm not familiar with although I'm ok with it.

Maybe one of you know what it is ... is my body / mind trying to tell me something here?
Old 01-16-2012, 12:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hiya

congrats on your 2 weeks!

Maybe your body is just still adjusting. If you think its done a lot of work over the last 2 weeks and gone through some major changes. I'm on 2 weeks too and my sleeping patterns have been all over the place. I feel very groggy this morning. Better tired than hungover and tired though I keep saying to myself and hoping sleep patterns get better soon.
Old 01-16-2012, 12:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ahhhhh yes.... the bliss of being sober & knowing that you had another sober night and starting to feel better about yourself & your achievement. Waking up and laying your head back down not because you are hungover but because you feel peace & bliss (along with real tiredness as your body/mind heal) .

The great thing is that it still happens long after you quit drinking, actually it gets better with time.

Congrats on two weeks & all of the best in your recovery
Old 01-16-2012, 01:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on 2 weeks! Natural tired is an awesome feeling!!! I love it! I don't even mind interrupted sleep, because it means I'm not passed out!!! I'll take true tiredness over hangover anyway!
Old 01-16-2012, 01:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yeah your right ... I dreamt last night too .. not mad obscure dreams that woke me feeling scared and confused but a dream with a start a middle and an ending of a past experience ... almost like my mind was putting closure on something that I couldnt do when passed out on wine every other night of my life.
In work now and I'm not suffering extreme wind problems or urgency to use the bathroom ... my body seems to be starting to heal ... I think an AA meeting this afternoon is the way to go.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Great Post. Congrats on 2 weeks.

After a year of being sober I'm starting to know my body again. When I"m actually tired. When I'm actually sick and not just hung over. How much I really want to eat etc. It's amazing how out of touch you can get from your body and you live in it 24/7. It pays to tread it right.
Old 01-16-2012, 12:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

one thing i am noticing is im eating more ... was never a chocolate person but ive been eating my boyfriends stash all week ... still not the worst evil tho ;-)
Old 01-16-2012, 12:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
stepping on my way...

(((isabella)) i know exactly what you are talking about.

when i drank and would wake up feeling like POOP i would force myself to get up and go about the day tired, fuzzy/tingly and all confused probably bc i felt guilty for making myself that way.

now, like this morning. i woke up at 7..was so tired and laid back down til 10..that is totally not me to sleep that way....shoot it was totally not like me to not be hung over. thats just the life i learned to SURVIVE on. but i figured this morning my body is healing and working overload. im learning how to adjust to life without alcohol in my body. rolling with the changes and knowing it will get better. theres no guilt or shame anymore. no more hiding i look forward to new conversations/people and tasks at work that require me to think! i am getting my self esteem back by knowing i am worth it!

i think being genuinly tired during the day beats a self induced hang over any day

Let's keep goin girl

oh, and the sweets i hear ya. i NEVER ever ate sweets while drinking. in fact i obsessed over my diet and weight because of the empty calories from alcohol i was ingesting nightly. but last night bought some ice cream and ate it with no guilt. figured like you it was the lesser of the two evils and i deserved it not every night but last night lol.
Old 01-16-2012, 12:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

thanks stepping i totally hear ya ... i was exact same when drinking id push myself to "try" more during the day to hide fact i was fuzzy and hungover ... now i think tiredness is all genuine ... and hell icecream and chocolate wont harm us the same as wine vodka or any alcohol