Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

January 16 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON

Old 01-15-2012, 10:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Present

January 16 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON:

How can I make myself aware that my weak-kneed acceptance of an unacceptable situation is a reflection on my own self-respect? Am I a milksop, a slave, to be pushed around at the will of a stick personality? Is my long-suffering attitude going to achieve any good results? Or will it only reinforce the alcoholic in his belief that he can manipulate the situation to get his own way? Am I being fair to him in allowing him to outmaneuver me at every turn? Will he look for sobriety if I give him no compelling reason to do so – not only for his sake, but for my own?

TODAY’S REMINDER

I am an individual with the right to a good life. I must not look to anyone else to make a good life for me; this I must do for myself. Have I deceived myself into thinking that it is my lot to accept anything life chooses to hand out to me, however humiliating or degrading?

“I pray to learn the way to see myself as a child of God, bearing in my heart and mind the dignity and grace He has conferred upon every one of His children. Let me learn to live up to this picture of perfection – a little at a time, but always going forward.”