Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

January 15 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON

Old 01-14-2012, 05:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Present

January 15 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON:

We pray for sobriety for the alcoholic because we believe this will solve all our problems. This is an illusion. Sobriety is only the first step in building a good life. Unless we both work to overcome the emotional conflicts within ourselves, we remain at a standstill. Our troubles only take new forms because they did not stem from alcoholism, but from the personality flaws that caused the alcoholism and from our irrational reactions to them. Even when the alcoholic has conquered the compulsion to drink, I must remember that I have much to learn about adjusting to the sober alcoholic.

TODAY’S REMINDER

I will not delude myself into thinking that sobriety is the sole goal. I will deal with each problem that comes to me with the help of the Twelve Steps and the loving interchange with my friends in Al-Anon.

“I pray for the wisdom to take a rational and tolerant attitude toward whatever trouble I must face each day.”
Old 01-15-2012, 12:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Really a perfect message for today.
Thanks for posting these.
xo>
CJ
Old 01-15-2012, 06:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow, this is one of those again that hit me also. I wanted sobriety for my AW for so long. I got it now, almost I think ? She's now a RAW and doing her best. She's had 6 months sober had a relaspe on December 1,thats the same day she lost her part time job because of drinking on the job. But doing fine now. But we are still in this dark funk type of relationship. Don't know if the marriage will last even in her sobriety ? I really have to reflect on my character flaws to move forward.