Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

January 14 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON

Old 01-14-2012, 05:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Present

January 14 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON:

If someone dislikes me, or resents something I have done, I ought first to consider whether it was I who generated the dislike or resentment. Was it something I did? Is it something I should make amends for? If so, am I inclined to justify what I did when it really wasn’t right? Answering these questions will give me the good practice in being honest with myself.

If I was hurtful, and I make excuses to myself for what I did, I am building a second wall between me and the person I injured. Let me tear the first wall down by being honest and honestly acknowledging my fault.

TODAY’S REMINDER

What a relief it is to acknowledge that I am only human; that I do make mistakes, and that I am willing to correct them. I can’t help liking myself better after the air has been cleared. In solidifying a friendship, I become a better friend to myself.

“God help me to avoid the temptation to deceive myself by justifying my actions when they were wrong. Make me strong enough to do what I should to keep myself serene.”