Normies are usually asleep at 342 am

Old 01-14-2012, 12:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Normies are usually asleep at 342 am

No contact was going well. I learned to ignore texts and calls and the had almost stopped. I had dinner with ex's mom Thursday which was nice because we talked about things other than him, except for a few min about the fact that he was fired from his job this week.

Then Friday I get a letter from the IRS. Ex, who is a state tax accountant(or u guess was one) tried to cheat on my 2010 return. The letter states that I have to pay back $1300. When I evacuated our home, I didn't get my return. I called to tell him I needed it and why. Immediately his answer was that I come over so that he could "fix" it. I said no that I just wanted my return and that I would take care of it.

Fast forward to 342am when he sends a nasty text, I'm a bitch, I'm just like his other ex, I never gave him a chance, and why do I treat him like ****.

As I am living my life as a normie it was morning when I got that text, and I didn't respond. At 10 I get one telling me he had fallen down the stairs and thought he had broken his leg. It was an "emergency" and no one else could help him and he needed me to take him to the hospital.

When I said that sorry I'm busy today and I can't do that he is now back to "why am I treating him like ****?". He also said the only reason he fell was that he drive to his mothers house to get my return and fell on her icy stairs, so that's my fault too.

So the phone is going off. I texted that if it were an emergency, he should call 911.
Old 01-14-2012, 12:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Aren't they just precious?
Old 01-14-2012, 01:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

You can request a copy of your return from the IRS.

He is darling.....isn't he?
Old 01-14-2012, 02:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dollydo View Post
You can request a copy of your return from the IRS.

He is darling.....isn't he?
Thanks, I should have thought of this.
Old 01-14-2012, 06:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

LOL- Love the title of the post. I can't even count how many emails and texts I used to get between the hours of 2:00AM and 4:00AM. One was to tell me he just got home (from the poker table) at 3:00AM and that he would be picking me up at noon to go on a drive. WTF? Who stays up all night checking incoming emails??? Obviously not normies as I didn't even read the email until noon.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by XXXXXXXXXX View Post

As I am living my life as a normie it was morning when I got that text, and I didn't respond. At 10 I get one telling me he had fallen down the stairs and thought he had broken his leg. It was an "emergency" and no one else could help him and he needed me to take him to the hospital.

When I said that sorry I'm busy today and I can't do that he is now back to "why am I treating him like ****?". He also said the only reason he fell was that he drive to his mothers house to get my return and fell on her icy stairs, so that's my fault too.

So the phone is going off. I texted that if it were an emergency, he should call 911.
He fell on his mother's stairs...she could have taken him to the hospital...
Old 01-14-2012, 11:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by choublak View Post
He fell on his mother's stairs...she could have taken him to the hospital...
This gave me a chuckle... thank you for that.
Old 01-15-2012, 06:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by protocol53 View Post
This gave me a chuckle... thank you for that.
my thought, but she was out of town. He was still sending texts at 8pm, so it couldn't have been that bad.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:39 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

my thought, but she was out of town. He was still sending texts at 8pm, so it couldn't have been that bad.
Sending texts about his leg that he broke at 10 am?
Old 01-15-2012, 07:48 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Actually his text said he broke it after the 342 text.

Right after I was mean to u. I tripped and broke my knee..... Seriously I'm hurt.

X I think I need some help. This is an emergency. Can you call? I think my knee may be broken.

X are you there? I'm not kidding or messing around! I can't reach anyone else. Mom and dad are out of town.

I Like the "after I was mean to you part"
Old 01-15-2012, 09:41 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

My old self would have texted back
"Maybe God was trying to tell you something. Call an ambulance"
The new me would just ignore it.
Old 01-15-2012, 12:53 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I look forward to the day when I will just ignore it
Old 01-15-2012, 01:03 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

believe me if anything was broken, he would have been in so much physical PAIN he would not have been texting you...he would have been screaming for help and throwing up from the the real pain, and not been able to endure it, he would have passed out.

the neighbors would have heard him and called for an ambulance. the ortho doc in the hospital would have had him pumped full of morphine while they waited for surgical clearance...if anything big was broken, they would have put it in traction and drilled a screw into it to hold it until surgery.

maybe he "bumped" it?
Old 01-15-2012, 01:19 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

What is wrong with me.

After living with extreme effects of AH's alcoholism and experiencing the effects of his insanity, I would stil have jumped in the car to rescue him if I'd got that text.

I've been reading everything on SR for nearly 2 years and could hardly believe how similar every experience is to mine.

They lie. They regret. They deny. They blame. They plead. They destroy.

And yet I fall for it every time

When will I ever learn.
Old 01-15-2012, 01:40 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MsMahon View Post
What is wrong with me.

After living with extreme effects of AH's alcoholism and experiencing the effects of his insanity, I would stil have jumped in the car to rescue him if I'd got that text.

I've been reading everything on SR for nearly 2 years and could hardly believe how similar every experience is to mine.

They lie. They regret. They deny. They blame. They plead. They destroy.

And yet I fall for it every time

When will I ever learn.
Sadly I admit that it took everything inside me nor to run to the rescue. I'm proud of myself, but I wish I was well enough to completely leave it alone.

It was a pathetic attempt to gain my attention.
Old 01-15-2012, 03:26 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Sadly I admit that it took everything inside me nor to run to the rescue. I'm proud of myself, but I wish I was well enough to completely leave it alone.

It was a pathetic attempt to gain my attention.

II'm soooo grateful for your post. I know I've got a lot to learn. What a wonderful site this is that allows uss to learn from each others experience.

I've not had the nerve to share yet.

Our stories are so similar anyway.

It always felt that I was the only one going through all this grief, but you have all been through very similar stuff. Seems many of us ave spent years listening to the same promises, believing these same promises each and every time. In my case for many many years!!

Thanks SR. I've been reading here for 2 years. Only recently starting to reply.

Thanks to all of you. There have been times when I've been here 24 hours a day and although I've not posted or responded, the help I've had not only kept me alive it helped me see I wasnt this evil witch who caused every problem in the world.

I've learned such a lot from you all.

Thanks
Old 01-29-2012, 06:13 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Definitelly a ploy for attention.

He had a phone in hand...if he were in that much trouble he could call 911.

but the fact he is even trying to get you to rescue tells me he expects you to...kudos for not taking the bait!