Notices

i need advice

Old 01-14-2012, 09:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry i need advice

I'll make it quick. I'm not new but it's been awhile. Here's my ?- I have been getting xanax (legitimately for panic attacks) from my pharmacy every two weeks. Just saw my psychiatrist and he wrote a script for 1 months supply of 2mgs a day. Pharmacy said that they won't refill the new script b/c my 1mg script still has refills! Instead of paying once a month for the new script, I haveta pay 2x a month? Pharmacist said that insurance won't do it. So, can I pay out of pocket for my newest script? It's only 3$ more than my copay. Or is it b/c the DEA says no? And why the h*ell can't they understand that I'm trying to save $ and cancel the old script and fill the new 1? Anyone ever had this problem? I've been clean off the opiates for two weeks now,going to meetings regularly but these attacks ain't stopping and the possibility of smack starts entering into my f*cking head.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't know, but having a talk with the pharmacist would probably help you to find out why this is happening.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sounds like the pharmacist didn't take time to explain.

I'm not sure how much is different state by state:
I can cancel any script I have and any refill. But - insurance will not pay if I were to try
getting more before the time is up of old script. Nor would I be able to just pay for it cash.
Apparently the computer system says you have got a script recently and
won't allow more.

Get your doctor to cancel the 2 week one if you can't. I can't imagine going
out every 2 weeks for a maintenance med. But I live in the middle of nowhere so-.