Notices

Yesterdays doctor visit went well, more to come.

Old 01-13-2012, 07:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Yesterdays doctor visit went well, more to come.

Good morning and thank you to all that thought of me. So I met my primary doctor and she was very pleasant and kind. Just did so normal beginning test and gave me a tetanus shot as well as a flu shot. Also put me on blood pressure meds and zoloft for anxiety. Even with excerise and diet my BP was 157/103, and the zoloft instead of benzo's or something like that cause of my addictions.So next week blood work , and next month another visit to find out more. With that my thoughts after my daily reading and meditation.

When I was drinking, I was living that unnatural life, physically and mentally. I was punishing my body relentlessly with alcohol. I did eat enough and when I did it was all the wrong thing. I was one of those that ate a huge meal at the end of a drinking day and passed out. I didnt get enough sleep or the right kind of rest my body needed. I was just ruining myself physically. I had a alcohol obsession and I couldnt imagine life without alcohol. I kept imagining all kinds of crazy things about myself and other people. Example on walk home from doctor I passed a apartment complex and looking in window I caught myself thinking they all must be enjoying a beer or a glass of wine. Insanity, cunning , baffling , and powerful. Thankfully I was able to laugh at my thoughts and just continue my journey. Now, since I have surrendered and also joined AA I am getting better physically and mentally.

So I now can believe my life is being refined like gold in a crucible. Gold does not stay in the crucible, only until it is refined. I will never despair or be despondent , I know I have friends and family who long for me to conquer. If I should fail, it would cause them pain and disappointment . And I believe they had enough of that to bear. I will then keep trying to live this better way of life.

And for today I pray and meditate that i can call on my Higher Powers strength , while the gold of my life is being refined . I pray that I may and will see it through with my god's help.

Snowing like crazy today , great morning for some more coffee.

As always I wish the best for all of us , and those newcomers please stick around and find a program that works for YOU. I use AA but again, we dont have the monopoly on sobriety.

Good love, Inda
Old 01-13-2012, 08:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
One Foot in Front of the Other

Great news, Inda!
Old 01-13-2012, 08:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Glad your doctor's appointment went we Inda.

Love the part about being refined.

I imagine God banging on me with a hammer and chisel. Sometimes it hurts like crazy, but I know I'm being sculpted into the shape I am supposed to be.

You are doing great Inda!

God bless.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Well now for the rest the day or evening I should say. I am off to trudge through the 18 degree blowing snow to the pharmacy and then to my favorite friday meeting.

The beginning of another sober weekend just love it . I hope everyone has a lovely evening. And smile cause sobriety loves you.

Good love, Inda
Old 01-13-2012, 03:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Re-Member

You go bud! I sure had enough doctors on my case, in every sense of the word on. You are getting better, alcohol can't. It is just a poison. It always promises a lift, to convince us to give it a lift. But it is always us gets it in the end.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you had a good Drs visit Inda

D