Class of January 2012 Part 2

continues from here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...2012-a-20.html

Welcome to all those quitting drugs or alcohol in the month of January 2012

Looking for support? this threads for you

D
Old 01-12-2012, 07:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'd like to join. My last drink was 12/31/2011. I'm just finishing up day 12. Feeling good, after a bit of a rough start.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
One Foot in Front of the Other

Originally Posted by HenryKrinkle View Post
I'd like to join. My last drink was 12/31/2011. I'm just finishing up day 12. Feeling good, after a bit of a rough start.
There he is! Welcome!
Old 01-12-2012, 07:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
God's work in progress

Hey there Classmates Just a quick post tonight to say I'm still goin' strong, day 12. Starting to feel a little more clear-headed, and definitely waking earlier and going to sleep earlier as well. Feels like a good start to a much better life down the road! Starting to exercise now, hoping to improve mind, body and spirit as time goes on...
Hope everyone is doing well, wherever you are at on this road to recovery. Sleep tight and stay strong, WE CAN DO THIS!!!
Old 01-12-2012, 07:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Henry

D
Old 01-12-2012, 08:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Meow

Welcome HenryKrinkle!

Just need to vent a bit. My husband was soooo annoying tonight. I just wanted him and his beers to go away. Didn't help that my son was egging him on. Grrrr. Didn't even want to drink, though. Just wanted to bring Prohibition back!

Did some yoga after he went to bed (first time doing the video and it wasn't all that great) and some stretching (that video is awesome) and am now going to settle in on the couch because the last thing I want to do right now is breathe his alcohol fumes.

Thanks for listening. I feel a bit better. (((hugs)))
Old 01-12-2012, 08:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Day 4 for me was easy....Day 5 though is where I always trip up, and on a Friday Arghhhh, wish me luck! My friends want to catch up at a bar in the city too, so I figure i will stick to lemonade.....Watch this space
Old 01-12-2012, 08:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm over 2 weeks now, I really want to drink..if I wasn't positive I was an alcoholic before, I am CERTAIN now LOL. (I have been pretty sure since I quit, that's why I quit drinking). I work out and don't want to drink when I do, but I can't work out constantly. Anyways, I truckin along stil
Old 01-12-2012, 10:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Ending another day sober. Hung out tonight with a friend who is also sober now and got coffee. I'm starting to realize though with a lot "friends" we actually only hung out bc it was another person to be around that drank as much as me. Now with the alcohol out of the picture I have stopped talking to all those people and they have stopped calling to hang out which is fine bc I don't really want to be around all that partying anywase. Looking forward to another relaxing sober weekend!
Old 01-13-2012, 01:21 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Are you doing anything besides SR Dorito?

D
Old 01-13-2012, 02:31 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Day 8

Well, a week is now in the books. It's the longest sober period that I've had in quite a few years.

I think the physical withdrawals are either finished or are now so minor that I don't notice them. Last night, I did finally have the insomnia that so many others have faced and only got about four hours of sleep. That's going to make being productive at work today a challenge!

I did notice yesterday that the mental challenges were starting to kick in. I suspect that, now that I am feeling better physically, my brain is focusing on other things. The biggest thing that I have noticed is that I have a lot of extra time now that used to be filled with drinking or being passed out. I need to fill that time with new things, because my alcoholic brain wants to fill it back up with drinking. I'm going to start working on restarting some of my old hobbies and renewing some old friendships to fill my extra free time up with more positive pursuits.

Hope everyone is well!
Old 01-13-2012, 02:55 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DoneDying View Post
Well, a week is now in the books. It's the longest sober period that I've had in quite a few years.
Congrats on that, DD! When I manage to scrape together six months, it will be the longest sober period I've had since I was a teenager, over 20 years!

Kinda weird to think about, right? On the other hand, it really puts some weight behind the transcendent nature of the changes we're trying to make. We are truly re-making our lives here!

Day 12 for me. I have my second therapy appointment today - which I'm actually excited about, go figure - and then a 3-day weekend. I haven't been in any sticky situations since I quit for good. Which is a good thing. Truth be told, I'm actually mad at alcohol right now for what it has done to me.

Stay strong everyone! Keep reading and posting! Together we will make it!
Old 01-13-2012, 04:07 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

It is so great to wake up guilt and hangover free. Reading all of your posts helps me tremendously! I can relate to all of you.

Friday night should be tough, I feel like I want to celebrate with a nice glass of wine tonight. My husband drinking will make it even harder. I think I will buy myself a nice bottle of San Pellegrino water instead.

I haven't had a drink in 12 days and I really don't want to mess up this good feeling.
Old 01-13-2012, 05:07 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
sobriety date 5-2-12

Day 3 no pills and day 6 no booze. Plus- It's my 36 birthday today. This will be a healthy year for me. I keep repeating to myself: there is no change without change
Old 01-13-2012, 05:31 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday aeo! and congrats to you and everyone here working on recovery in January.

I will be going on my 7th day alcohol free. It took me while but I had my first meeting of AA last night which was great because I personally dont know anyone who has been in the same situation with their addictions. My social anxiety can mess with me and try to get me out of places even if they are for the better so it was good not listening to that side of my mind for once. Hardest thing for me right now is my last blackout was so intense my mind wont let me rest on it and I keep creating worse and worse scenarios of what might have happened, hopefully it will decide to rest soon and the anxiety will ease up.
Old 01-13-2012, 05:32 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

happy birthday aeo1313 !
day 13 today. physically feel great.
Old 01-13-2012, 05:33 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by aeo1313 View Post
Day 3 no pills and day 6 no booze. Plus- It's my 36 birthday today. This will be a healthy year for me. I keep repeating to myself: there is no change without change
Happy birthday, aeo! I will be celebrating my own 36th in about a month!
Old 01-13-2012, 06:00 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Resident

Dee- I think that is a good idea to delay moving this thread from Newcomers. In that way it will be easy for the resat of the Januarians to find it when they join up.

Happy birthday aeo. :day1
Old 01-13-2012, 07:19 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Meow

Originally Posted by Strytone28 View Post
Happy Birthday aeo! and congrats to you and everyone here working on recovery in January.

I will be going on my 7th day alcohol free. It took me while but I had my first meeting of AA last night which was great because I personally dont know anyone who has been in the same situation with their addictions. My social anxiety can mess with me and try to get me out of places even if they are for the better so it was good not listening to that side of my mind for once. Hardest thing for me right now is my last blackout was so intense my mind wont let me rest on it and I keep creating worse and worse scenarios of what might have happened, hopefully it will decide to rest soon and the anxiety will ease up.
Welcome Strytone. Remember one thing about anxiety -- they are just thoughts. They can't hurt you. Whatever happened in the past is past, and you can't change things. There is absolutely nothing to be gained by worrying about what happened when you blacked out, so unless someone tells you something bad about it just try to force yourself to stop thinking about it. Every time the topic creeps into your mind, tell it firmly to go away, that you are not going to think about it - then deliberately think of something positive. (Yes, I have had anxiety - and beaten it - so I totally understand what is going on in your mind. You would be amazed at the negative scenarios I used to be able to come up with when I was caught in the anxiety.)

Happy birthday aeo!!!
Old 01-13-2012, 07:21 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hello, I'd like to join too please. I am on day 11. Whilst the physical withdrawals have gone, the anxiety lessened and I feel much better I'm finding that I want a drink more now than I did last week.