Notices

Hppd

Old 01-12-2012, 05:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hppd

After doing some research I believe I have diagnosed myself with HPPD. It's essential an ongoing acid flashback. The symptoms are visual distortions such as visual snow, color distortions, floaters, etc all of which i have. Also cognitive issues along with depersonalization and derealization both of which i experience. I beleive that the reason i thought i have an addiction problem is because i noticed all these issues during the peak of my use (when i was doing a lot of hallucinogens) and assumed it was related to an addiction of some sort. Now that i am sober for a month and thinking more clearly i realize i am not addicted to anything. I am not alcoholic nor am i an addict of any kind. I dont have intense cravings for anything and dont ruminate about the feelings that go along with using or drinking. What I am is seriously affected by psychedelics. I like to program because it helps me feel better to be around people who arent judging me at all. People who know what it is like to feel hopeless and astranged from the world. Unfortunately for my case a simple 12 step program and abstinence from mind altering chemicals is not going to solve my problems.
The good news is that my doctor prescribed me Naltrexone which is medication (non-active opioid receptor antagonist) to reduce cravings (which are non-existent in my case) but after some intense research with this medication, I see that it has worked wonders on others with HPPD as i have found in an old and fairly inactive HPPD forum around. I havent told him about this HPPD stuff because I havent seen him since I diagnosed myself. I doubt it is any coincidence that the medication he prescribed, actually works wonders for people with the condition i believe i suffer from. God maybe?
Old 01-12-2012, 05:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

And you got your medical degree where?????

Self diagnosis is 99.999999% dangerous.

Yes, we come into a 'recovery' program or a therapist and say I have a 'drinking problem' or I think I am an alcoholic. There are still many tools we have to learn from those who have been there and continue to apply to our own lives.

Also, alcoholism and very heavy drinking, can and does 'mimic' many mental health issues, so until one has had time at least 4 to 6 months to clean out ALL the toxins, a good professional does not even attempt to make a diagnosis of what might be other mental health issues.

J M H O

Love and hugs,