Notices

In California for a few days

Old 01-12-2012, 04:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

In California for a few days

Brought my anti-anxiety meds, Oxazepam, Clonazepam, Propranolol, haven't tried taking them too much but ended up staying in the hotel last night instead of going out to dinner with family because of my anxiety. =/ Tonight I'll try taking them and hopefully it won't be too bad. I go back home on Saturday and I can't wait...
Old 01-12-2012, 04:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
One Foot in Front of the Other

Sorry the trip is causing you angst, Xyphen. You can get through it, it's just a few more days. BTW, I used to live in California and I'm jealous! Bring some of it back to the boards for me, OK? :-)
Old 01-12-2012, 04:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks, WantToHeal. I appreciate your words of encouragement. Aside from my anxiety, the weather is perfect, as it usually is in Cali. We are apparently taking a trip to San Diego today. Why we are driving 2 hours to San Diego when we could just spend this time in LA and relax is beyond me. And being so far away from the hotel room is only going to aggravate my anxiety... I wish I could enjoy this trip without worrying so much. I mean I would have thought that after 24 days of sobriety I'd be done with this anxiety stuff. Guess not...
Old 01-12-2012, 05:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
One Foot in Front of the Other

San Diego is gorgeous, though! Maybe you will be pleasantly surprised with how pretty it is, and how much you enjoy it!
Old 01-12-2012, 05:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks. Maybe you're right. =)
Old 01-12-2012, 06:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

San Diego is definitely beautiful... the gaslamp quarter is such a cool little place. Look forward to the little shops and enjoyment of it all
Old 01-12-2012, 06:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Morning Xyphen,

I am also sorry the trip is causing you so much anxiety. But your not reaching for that first drink. Thats what matters. You you and I didnt get here over nite so it is going to take substancal time to get well.

But like heal said, maybe you can get and enjoy some of the trip cause Diego is pretty, the only reason I would travel down from San Fran to southern Cali.

See you in chat.

Good love, Inda

ps I didnt see your from Houston till now, I grew up in The Woodlands.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

SoCalDude, thanks for the tip! I'll recommend that if I get a chance to.

Inda, Thanks for reminding me that taking that not going to alcohol is reason for joy. I'll try to take things a minute at a time, remembering whats important. And yeah I seem to remember talking to you at some point about the Woodlands. Beautiful area of Houston. I have been to Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavillion a few times for concerts. Great place.

See you in chat!

Thanks,
Razi
Old 01-12-2012, 07:00 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Xyphen View Post
Brought my anti-anxiety meds, Oxazepam, Clonazepam, Propranolol, haven't tried taking them too much but ended up staying in the hotel last night instead of going out to dinner with family because of my anxiety. =/ Tonight I'll try taking them and hopefully it won't be too bad. I go back home on Saturday and I can't wait...
I'm taking anti-anxiety meds as well. Only two weeks in but they are messing with my head. Much love, keep pushing for the right changes!
Old 01-12-2012, 07:02 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Xyphen - welcome to the South Side. Sitting in my San Diego living room as I speak. There are a ton of great things to do here like many have said, and more importantly, many things to do that will get your mind off the anxiety and booze. I'll give you something to look out for that might just occupy your time. I'm on one of threads here that is about taking a picture of your bike (in my case pedal road bike) in front of certain things. So far, we have done train (tracks) and churches. Today, i think I'm going to focus on boats....see if you can spot me or the bike.

Some great things to participate in while here:

1. Rent bike and tour the city....no better way to catch the sites, while getting exercise in. Believe it or not, the endorphin from the exercise will actually squash the crave for liquor

2. You can tour the city by renting GPS enabled go carts as well

3. San Diego Zoo - phenomenal facility. One of the top in the country

4. Balboa Park - largest urban park in the country I think

5. Gaslamp is great (many restaurants.....and.....bars, so maybe don't dwell there)

6. There is a docked aircraft carrier by the pier that you can board

7. K1 Speed in Calrsbad, you will pass it on the way down from LA. Awesome Go Karting...but need strong stomach

8. Cayaking the coves in La Jolla - San Diego is water country. You can take a guided tour in Cayaks and see caves, seals, etc.

9. Soak up the homeless. I'm from NY originally, and San Diego has more homeless in one block than all of manhattan. Everybody says to me, if you were homeless, wouldn't you want to live by the water in San Diego - Have yet to see a homeless guy with any type of bottle.

10. Coronado....the Loews hotel there is awesome. Maybe you just need to chilax with a spa treatment and massage.

Good luck!
Old 01-12-2012, 07:54 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Man xyphen, I'm jealous. It's about 25 degrees here and blowing snow where I live in the midwest.

Just a week or two after I got sober this time, my family and I went on a little vacation as well. My anxiety was pretty rough then as well. Had to stay in the room some because of it. I was able to get out and enjoy some time with the family though.

Now at 47 days sober, I'm and finding a joy in life again. Just acting silly with my kids brings a genuine smile that I haven't had in awhile.

It will get better!

God bless.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:18 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hey xyphen,

Just wondering how you're doing...