Notices

Another try another fail

Old 01-10-2012, 08:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

Another try another fail

Id think Id learn after the lessons from my last relapse but it seems not. I made it just over two weeks sober then had 5 drinks saturday at a special occasion with friends. Aside from drinking itself nothing bad happened at all. We all had a great time I was home (had a DD) and in bed at 10:30. The worst part about this is I have been consumed with guilt since. Went bowling last night and had two beers. Im just venting here because I truly dont know what to do with myself. I hope this isnt another trip down the rabbit hole.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

It doesn't have to be, Fallow.

Have you got any support?
got any plan for staying sober?

D
Old 01-10-2012, 09:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

The support I have is mostly reading here. I get to an AA meeting once a week. Been
beginning to attempt AVRT in the last couple weeks. Well my addictive voice was doing lots of talking and I caved. Good news is I dumped the whiskey at my house that night cause it was too tempting for days. Gonna begin therapy soon. The enormity of staying sober for life is just more than I can handle sometimes.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

I truly cant say I have a plan for staying sober though. Least not right now. Im not drinking today.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

My advice is don't wait on any of that stuff - if meetings work for you, maybe go to more?

If you're interested in AVRT join the discussions here in the Secular forum

Get on to therapy as soon as you can get an appointment

D
Old 01-10-2012, 11:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Fallow, Just try to do it a day at a time. If you are an alcoholic like me you would have a double dose of concience. I can only stay sober and live day at a time. I also have relapsed on 3 occasions and after 3 yrs of sobriety, it only gets harder. Being sober is a pretty good alternative
Old 01-10-2012, 11:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

Thanks aboveit..I went thru all manner of drug addiction and slowly was able to quit all of them but alcohol is my last and hardest. I think its a combo of the social acceptance of drinking and the times between drunks where i drink 'normally' that keeps me hooked. Problem is I drink to escape problems anxiety and stresses. Hope one day I will get it together like your son.