Notices

Another great talk with my husband- and last day of pills

Old 01-10-2012, 05:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sobriety date 5-2-12

Another great talk with my husband- and last day of pills

D and I had another good talk last night and the more I talk to him the clearer things seem in my head. He saw my addiction for one of the first time yesterday. I had taken some ativan from a coworker and when he got home I was half asleep and out of it. He was forced to take our daughter somewhere which meant he then had to stay up to all hours to finish his homeowork. I also told him the truth that today I am out of pills, but that I spend my time thinking how to get more. I see my therapist today and will look into some groups- although I really do think SR is helpful- or will be once I let it. I have planned a sober weekend for my birthday this weekend, but... It's so hard for me to live day by day...I keep worrying about the future
Old 01-10-2012, 05:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

You can do this, aeo, and I'm very happy to hear that your husband finally "gets" it. He can't be supportive of your recovery unless he fully understands that you have a problem.

I have found that worrying about the future is a waste of time and energy and only leaves me a quivering mess. Living day by day is much easier than worrying about tomorrow. None of us is guaranteed a tomorrow ... all we have is today. Sobriety is hard work and it's often not even just day by day ... it's often hour by hour and minute by minute. And it's often not fun. But then again, neither is the way we used to live. I choose sobriety over the way I used to live.

Good luck with your therapist today. Maybe he/she can suggest some groups for you to check out.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
One Foot in Front of the Other

I'm not a religious person, and maybe you aren't either. Or maybe you are. In any case, the Holy Bible has a lot of great stuff in it! For example, this passage from Matthew 6:34

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
Old 01-10-2012, 06:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

It is hard to stop worrying about the future, and it's hard not to blame ourselves for things in the past. But, staying in the day is the best way to find peace in your life.

A really good book to inspire you to stay in the moment is "A New Earth" by Eckhard Tolle.