Notices

Starting Day Three...

Old 01-10-2012, 04:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Starting Day Three...

I am so scared this morning because my friends just dont get it. I have slept a total of 4 hours in two nights. The anxiety pains in my chest are horrible. The shakes are gone. I just need sleep. My birthday is Thursday and the girls are already saying "its going to be a good weekend". I keep telling them I am starting a new life of sobriety and they look at me with three heads. For the first time, I want to enjoy my birthday! Thank you for listening. Im really holding on to this group!

Old 01-10-2012, 04:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Resident

Hang in there.
Your friends mean you no harm even though they are causing it.
Forgive them for not understanding.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Stay tough needtostop1. If it were me, I would sit this birthday out and continue to rest and recover. Just tell your friends you aren't feeling well, and that you don't want to go out. The risk of going out and drinking again just seem too great. Or tell them to come over to your place with a cake, no alcohol allowed, and talk, play a board game or watch a movie or something. Your friends should understand your position and honor it.

If you get sober and healthy, there will be many more birthdays down the road you can celebrate.

Just my $0.02...
Old 01-10-2012, 05:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

Hang in there, you can do this. It gets better, it really does, but those first few days are killer. I agree with Henry, if I were you, I'd stay home this birthday and just rest and take care of yourself. You are still early in your sobriety and a "night out with the girls" could easily turn into a relapse, especially since they don't understand that you have a problem with alcohol. Now is the time to take care of yourself. And just think .... next year's birthday, you'll be celebrating TWO birthdays. Your real one and your 1st sobriety "birthday" too.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It's YOUR birthday so you get to decide what to do, right? So if your feeling up to it go to a movie, have your friends over (without alcohol), go shopping, go to a museum, an art gallery or the zoo. You get the idea, there are lots of things you can pick that don't include drinking and if your not feeling strong enough just stay home, cuddle in with a good book or some movies. Have a happy, sober birthday!
Old 01-10-2012, 09:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks gang! Great positive thoughts!
Old 01-10-2012, 10:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

It IS your birthday.

In my opinion, you should celebrate it in a way that feels comfortable for you and with people who support you.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
~sb

Glad you made the decision to stay stopped!

Happy early Birthday! You gave yourself an awesome gift!