Notices

Day 9 - a bit down

Old 01-09-2012, 08:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sober since Jan 1, 2012

Day 9 - a bit down

I'm down today. Not sure why. Usually I come in to work with a great attitude, today I'm completely blasé.

I didn't do nearly as much as I wanted this weekend due to my cold. I'm mostly over it today which is good. I spent a lot of time with my husband watching movies and cooking dinner. Had a HARD time cooking dinner last night - was experiencing mad cravings for a martini. I tried a variety of tricks and nothing really worked. Once we sat down for dinner and movie all was well again.

We had a talk about our next vacay. We are undecided between a N. Europe cruise, which would include Russia, or a cruise to Australia and/or the French Polynesia. The talk was about Russia. In the past, we've always said, to visit Russia means WE HAVE to try their vodka. Mind you, I've had enough vodka for everyone on this forum, and that includes Russian vodka.

So this bothers me, the idea that I'll go to Russia and not be able to have their vodka. Silly I know. Yesterday I decided this is so NOT bothering with and I'll think about it when the time comes. For now I'll concentrate on today.

Boy, we are a selfish lot, us alcoholics. I look at this forum and my posts are all whining!
Old 01-09-2012, 08:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lost3000 View Post
I'm down today. Not sure why. Usually I come in to work with a great attitude, today I'm completely blasé.

I didn't do nearly as much as I wanted this weekend due to my cold. I'm mostly over it today which is good. I spent a lot of time with my husband watching movies and cooking dinner. Had a HARD time cooking dinner last night - was experiencing mad cravings for a martini. I tried a variety of tricks and nothing really worked. Once we sat down for dinner and movie all was well again.

We had a talk about our next vacay. We are undecided between a N. Europe cruise, which would include Russia, or a cruise to Australia and/or the French Polynesia. The talk was about Russia. In the past, we've always said, to visit Russia means WE HAVE to try their vodka. Mind you, I've had enough vodka for everyone on this forum, and that includes Russian vodka.

So this bothers me, the idea that I'll go to Russia and not be able to have their vodka. Silly I know. Yesterday I decided this is so NOT bothering with and I'll think about it when the time comes. For now I'll concentrate on today.

Boy, we are a selfish lot, us alcoholics. I look at this forum and my posts are all whining!
Just posted a similar thread "am i grieving"
sounds you are of the same/similar mood to me at the mo.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

LOL OMG I too have thought I sound "whiny" sometimes. Just remember what happened in Diary of an Alcoholic Housewife. She goes to Budapest intending to drink and then never does. She felt awesome afterwards that she didn't succumb.
I'm in the same boat (literally) about us and our cruise. We always drink like fish on a cruise and yet now in 5 months I plan to board a cruise and drink Perrier??? YUP
You'll come to accept it sooner or later.
Sorry you're not feeling all that today. Mood swings are normal unfortunately.
HUGS
Old 01-09-2012, 09:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sober since Jan 1, 2012

munch! Ha! I'm not to that part yet in Diary! But almost!

Yep, I'm grieving. I guess I don't want my husband bummed. But I do know what'll happen if I "sip" Russian vodka. And I'm really more interested in the palaces!

I later thought, why talk this over with him? Just go with the flow and when the time comes he won't even notice. Besides, someone's gotta watch his back in Russia!

Whitehorses: Yep, I'm down.