Notices

Depression....

Old 01-09-2012, 08:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Depression....

Depression has hit me full speed these last couple of days. I kinda just want to stay in bed all day. By 6pm I've had it and am ready to lay in bed and watch TV or use the computer all night. Last night I cried myself to sleep. I feel kinda hopeless actually. It is nice to be getting some sleep though--maybe I'm just super tired. UGH.

Seems like a lot of other people on here are talking about increased appetite. I've kinda had the opposite. Drinking used to increase my appetite and make me eat tons of junk. Now I just haven't had the appetite. I guess it's cause of the depression. And of course because of the depression, I certainly haven't expended much energy, which is probably why I feel sluggish and not hungry.

6 days ago I decided I was going to kick this. Since I was such a heavy drinker at times, the first two nights I did sip a glass of wine slowly at night before bed. My heart was racing and I was panicking and was scared that something bad would happen if cut off completely. Last night was my 3rd night with absolutely no alcohol. It's the first weekend without drinking in who knows how long. Anyone else hit rock bottom emotionally this close after quitting?
Old 01-09-2012, 08:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Absolutly Lisa ,

So glad to have you here, welcome. Everyone is different but the depression will lift with time. Your at such a new beginning try not to beat your self up. You have put your body and mind thru so much while drinking , it is going to take time to get it back.

I just recommend to take it easy drink lots of fluids even if you dont feel like it. And slowly start to do little things like taking a walk , reading , go to the library I use that one a lot. Its nice I get out but it is still nice and quite and no busy people around.

Keep coming back reading and posting . And if you like come join us in the chat room for company and support .

Good love, Inda
Old 01-09-2012, 08:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lisa29 View Post
Depression has hit me full speed these last couple of days. I kinda just want to stay in bed all day. By 6pm I've had it and am ready to lay in bed and watch TV or use the computer all night. Last night I cried myself to sleep. I feel kinda hopeless actually. It is nice to be getting some sleep though--maybe I'm just super tired. UGH.

Seems like a lot of other people on here are talking about increased appetite. I've kinda had the opposite. Drinking used to increase my appetite and make me eat tons of junk. Now I just haven't had the appetite. I guess it's cause of the depression. And of course because of the depression, I certainly haven't expended much energy, which is probably why I feel sluggish and not hungry.

6 days ago I decided I was going to kick this. Since I was such a heavy drinker at times, the first two nights I did sip a glass of wine slowly at night before bed. My heart was racing and I was panicking and was scared that something bad would happen if cut off completely. Last night was my 3rd night with absolutely no alcohol. It's the first weekend without drinking in who knows how long. Anyone else hit rock bottom emotionally this close after quitting?
Lisa, at least staying in bed is removing you from some temptations, while allowing your body to heal, stay focused, it is early days but you can do it.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Hi Lisa,

Congrats on your brave and awesome decision. You won't regret it. But, it is difficult in the early days. My experience was a lot like yours. I needed sleep, and I mourned the loss of my good friend, Booze. So, I was depressed. Bear through it. That's all we can do in those moments. Take it a day at a time, an hour at a time, a minute at a time; whatever is necessary.

You can do this. Welcome to SR, and keep on posting!