feeling lost

Old 01-08-2012, 11:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

feeling lost

I need help,

my codependent self has taken over
my son is back from rehab, im just finding myself eager to help him out in everything, and ill tell you the truth he is more in control than i am at this point. I feel like I have to make everything work out for him so he wont go back to using, serioulsy i have to get myself together, why wont i let him just be and do what he needs to do????, well just thought id vent and thanks
Old 01-08-2012, 11:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Venting is needed and healthy ...your son will find his way and everything will be ok.
Old 01-08-2012, 11:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi lonelystar, thank you for your post on my thread and I'm sorry ur feeling the way you are. Your son just got home from rehab and my fiance is in the beginning of his, and before he went in I felt the way you did by watching what I said or did hoping to keep him from getting worse. I hope everything works out for you. My thoughts and prayers are with you
Old 01-08-2012, 02:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Lonelystar, My thoughts are with you. i will be in your shoes in a short time. My son is in a half way house after leaving rehab. I can only study about how I should/will handle things when he comes home.
Old 01-08-2012, 03:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

this is your sons recovery. let him work it. find a meeting for yourself & let your son find himself. said in love & respect. prayers for you both,.
Old 01-08-2012, 03:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Allow him the dignity to find his own way, that is what adults should be allowed to do...navigate over the hurdles that life itself places before us.

Someday you will be gone, he will need to be capable of living life on its terms, don't shortchange him by jumping in and enabling him once again, you will again become part of the problem....not the solution.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

hi dollydo,

i wanted to respond to your post to thank you sooo much for saying what i didnt want to say myself you are so right ill keep your thoughts in mind
Old 01-09-2012, 05:30 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Lots of good advice above. But I just wanted to say that I chuckled when I read your post. Isn't it amazing how QUICKLY we get back into that crazy behavior? This addiction stuff is, indeed, baffling and cunning, and I am the biggest offender of all when it comes to my mind "checking out" and stepping into my son's side of the street.

Thank goodness for 12-step meetings and this site to get things back on track. Keep coming back, and I'm glad you came here with your situation.