Notices

Grumpy on Day 3

Old 01-07-2012, 09:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Grumpy on Day 3

Hi all. I am on day three without alcohol today and I am extremely irritable and seem to have a lack of patience. Is this normal for the point I am at? Does it get better? :/
Old 01-07-2012, 09:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi changemyway. .
I am on day 14 . It will get better in time. I still feel at times grumpy and panicky but they are waves now rather than all the time. I can't talk for longer than that as I am on day 14 but I guess with everything in life it does get easier with time. Hang on in there x
Old 01-07-2012, 09:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Congratulations on the 3 days

yes it gets better with time. I'm year and a half sober. Still grumpy, irrated, but not as muchas in the beginning.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes, I think it's normal. Day 19 here and still a lot of emotional ups and downs and emotions coming out of the floodgates, but day by day it's getting a little better. The biggest thing to tell yourself right now is to be patient, ride it out, and it will get better. Don't drink though as much as you want to drown out the feelings. I was sober for over a month and then I relapsed and now back to 19 days. If you drink, you have to start the cycle of withdrawal and emotions all over again and trust me, it is NOT fun. I learned that one the hard way. Just fight through it, it'll be worth it.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Holding Strong...

Yes, it definitely gets better but it can be rough sometimes! I found that my grumpiness, etc is actually an anxiety issue (not to say that it is for you - it may just be one of your temporary withdrawal symptoms) and meds have helped balance out my mood tremendously. Hang in there and try to remember that a grumpy day sober is better than any day drunk!
Old 02-19-2014, 06:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Jen, what meds? I'm resistant to see my physician about the issue. I have to stop drinking for medical reason, cholesterol and liver issues. Day 3 really sux. I don't want to have alcoholism on my medical records for business reasons. Yes, some people da have access to your medical records.
Old 02-19-2014, 01:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome notsmiley
This is a 2 year old thread - Jen's unlikely to reply.

I know lots of other high powered business folk here who've seen a Dr. with no problems then or after,

It really is the safest way to go - it's the only way to get expert advice and treatment specifically tailored to your individual situation.

Much less dangerous and option than obtaining meds elsewhere and going DIY.
D
Old 02-19-2014, 01:35 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Thank you for the reply. Security Clearance isn't the same as regular business. You need to release medical records.

I was just wondering what the meds were. Zoloft takes two weeks to take effect. I wasn't able to see anything else here.
Old 02-19-2014, 02:26 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Welcome Changemyway. Yes it does get better xxxxxx