Does anyone know about spice??

Old 01-05-2012, 05:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Does anyone know about spice??

My boyfriend has been smoking spice for a year and got really heavy with it the last 2 weeks and then quit cold turkey on Sunday. He had a seizure on Tuesday night, which led to him getting a concussion from his fall. Of course, he didn't tell the doctors about the stuff he smokes.

Tonight, he has had quite a few black-outs where he is talking gibberish and then doesn't remember it.

I'm pretty scared...not sure if this relates back to the spice or to an underlying medical condition.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'd encourage your bf to see a Dr again and this time to be honest.

D
Old 01-05-2012, 05:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I'd encourage your bf to see a Dr again and this time to be honest.

D
I did encourage him to go again. If he has another blackout tonight, I am taking him myself.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I don't personally know anything about it, but I've read that it can be quite dangerous. I agree that he should see a doctor and tell them what he's been doing. Head trauma is nothing to mess around with.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Dontburnthepig, the stuff your boyfriend is taking is very nasty and has major side effects, some of which are irrevesible. the symptoms you mention are in line with what the experts say, you can add to that psychosis, schizophrenia, black outs, and the list goes on---this drug is popular with people in the service (army and so on, since it is hard to test for) i strongly suggest your Bf go see a doctor asap and be honest as to what he has been taking. This is a serious matter.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Spice is known as a marijuana substitute. As Spice is marketed as a cannabis alternative and binds to the same cannabinoid receptors in the brain as marijuana, you would expect it to have similar effects. Yet, in many cases this is not so. The side effects of Spice include (even at low doses):
delusions
elevated blood pressure
elevated heart rate
hallucinations
heart palpitations
increased agitation
nausea
pale skin
seizures
vomiting

Of course, it is only a minority who seems to suffer from these negative effects but it is a sizable minority.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Here you go .......................................

Google

If he has another episode, do NOT take him, call 911

Love and hugs,
Old 01-06-2012, 01:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I don't know if "spice", "k2", "the stuff", "barely legal" is all the same but I used to smoke k2 and it caused the same side effects as marijuana did. Really happy, hungry, relaxed, slow, calm, and anxiety-free with smoking less than 1/2 the amount it would take with marijuana to feel that way. Never once did I feel like it was a very serious health risk, where other drugs have made me feel like my body was going to give up on me.

In December 2010 my gas station/smoke shop where I bought it at said that k2 was becoming illegal as of the new year so they had all their k2 priced way down. In January 2011 they started selling an "FDA approved" k2 (there was literally a sticker that said FDA-approved on it). As crazy as it sounds, all of my friends and I could definitely tell a difference. It was quite a more diluted high, making you feel like you had to smoke more to get the same feelings you had with the previous k2. It also would sometimes make me feel like my heart was actually beating harder... (scary!!!!!!)

I have recently read online that "spice" may cause seizures, hallucinations, and may be addicting. When I used to smoke k2 I never came across any of those problems. People have also claimed that marijuana causes hallucinations but in the past 7 years (from the first time I tried it) I have not personally known even a single person who has claimed they had hallucinations from marijuana.

Your bf should be honest with his dr so he/she can properly treat this problem. Of course his dr will encourage him to immediately stop smoking it but if he/she knows your bf is smoking spice, he/she will probably include some patient teaching about this substance which may scare the crap out of him to stop smoking it! I really don't know what to believe about spice but the stories are enough to scare me away from ever smoking those fake marijuana products again.
Old 01-06-2012, 02:11 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

call 911.. i agree with laurie!! do not mess around with any one high on a drug.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:41 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I agree that if this happens again you should call 911.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:04 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

From all I've read here over the past couple of years, sounds like you were lucky imiss.

People have also claimed that marijuana causes hallucinations but in the past 7 years (from the first time I tried it) I have not personally known even a single person who has claimed they had hallucinations from marijuana.
you now know one person

D
Old 01-06-2012, 10:52 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi there,

I was addicted to pot for many years and moved onto "legal weed" because I didn't want to get busted with weed on me - trying to do the right thing....

Long story short, I ended up getting terribly addicted to k2/spice/whatever you want to call it, and found myself smoking and buying TONS of it to get the same effect. At first, it was way more intense than pot. After as little as a week of habitual smoking, the effects were far diminished. Thankfully this roller coaster ride only lasted a couple of months, but my health deteriorated (physically and mentally) and I spent a ridiculous amount of money on this stuff, etc. Scary.

I managed to kick it about a month ago, and kick weed (which I was trying to use to stave off the withdrawals) about a week ago.

I still have bad days, but with help and support your BF will get through it if he decides to quit

Cheers