Notices

Lonely tonight

Old 01-05-2012, 03:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sobriety date 5-2-12

Lonely tonight

Besides my therapist no one knows that i have been taking hydrocodone. i told my husband, but he didn't seem to think it was a big deal, or that I was addicted. Today is day 1 of stopping. I want one so badly and have no one to talk to it about. I am going to yoga tonight which will help get me out of the house and active, but... I don't know if i want public praise or what, but it seems hard to stop something no one even knows about--like it's not even real. If no one knows I have a problem then I don't... i feel down.
Old 01-05-2012, 03:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
sobriety date 5-2-12

Also, this will be my first dry weekend in a looooong time. I am not even bringing it up to hubby since he doesn't think I need to quit. I feel like it's all in my head. How can I be the only one who notices I'm not "quite right"? Am I that good of an actress?
Old 01-05-2012, 04:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

As far as your problem is concerned the only thing that matters is that you are aware of it and dealing with it. Having a therapist is an extra bonus. Your husband hopefully will come around and be more supportive in the near future. I think maybe you should communicate a bit more with him about it, and explain in more detail how you feel and what you would like to see from him. Try and involve more people that care about you and are willing to give you a little support, doing this alone is never a good idea and makes it harder. Therapists you can only see you so often so extra support is a must................if you need any help, have question or whatever let me know..

We are all in this together and we will beat this addictions together.

Hugs and prayers

Me on 4 days sober from alcohol.
Old 01-05-2012, 04:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I really relate to what you said about feeling alone and that no one knows what's going on with you. I felt exactly the same way when I stopped drinking. This was a huge thing going on for me and I felt very lost and alone. But, know that we are here.

I really don't think you should focus on what others think about your sobriety. You know that you don't feel right, and you know yourself better than anyone. You are acting in your best interests by giving up the drugs and alcohol and it doesn't matter what others think about it.
Old 01-05-2012, 04:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

Congratulations. I'm really happy you decided to do this for yourself.

I hope you've gotten rid of your supply/stash. Believe me that will help SO much if you hit a "just one more" point. Just get rid of them, and make a firm stand that there is NO turning back, only forward.

My spouse didn't understand why it was I was getting into recovery. He didn't realize how much and how often I'd been using drugs and alcohol. And for him to get with the program would have involved HIM admitting to a whole lot of things about me, our relationship, etc etc etc. A little denial goes a long way.

I have no idea what sort of relationship the two of you have. It was not a priority for me, when I first got clean to put energy into convincing him I had a substance abuse issue. My main priority was to get clean and get a program. I explained it to him as I went along. Perhaps your therapist can help you determine how to handle things with your husband.

Withdrawal can be difficult, but please don't let that disuade you. You ONLY have to go through withdrawal once! And after that freedom is within your grasp.

I am looking forward to having you as part of our recovery community.
Old 01-05-2012, 04:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
dude in recovery

I got sober and am staying that way for myself... and for here at SR as well.
No one in my (real-world) life gives a damn, but I know what I am doing is right and there is no way I can go back to the drink unless I want to die with it.
Stay strong.