Notices

I'm new at this but I need insight to this problem

Old 01-04-2012, 09:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm new at this but I need insight to this problem

I have a husband which I've been married to for almost 42 yrs & 2006 he started drinking & I. Now he's drinking 40 beers in three days & starting lying to me about his drinking. Left him & been gone for three months & he claims he has quit all together drinking. I told him I can't return till I'm sure no more drinking around us or in home. But I have always been close to my children & this has caused them to turn against me. I sent them all three my journal since 2006 but they still deny. My question is how & when should I just try to get everyone to see what I've done I had to do to not go crazy myself. Help help
Old 01-04-2012, 09:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

Hi and welcome --

I don't have much advice for you, but you may want to check out the friends and family section on here, they would probably have some great advice for you.

Sorry things are so tough right now, hang in there.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Mari. All you can do is take care of you. Your kids have their own relationships with their Dad that are affected differently by his drinking. They might be in denial about his problem. It sounds like you are doing the right thing by not enabling him and standing up for yourself. You might want to look up some Al-Anon meetings in your area to get extra support while you deal with this difficult problem.