Notices

Not sure where to post

Old 01-04-2012, 04:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sobriety date 5-2-12

Not sure where to post

I am a binge drinker about 4-6 times a month...blackout, obnoxious, drunk. I see/read posts about people 1 day sober, 2 days...etc. I can easily go a week or 2 without drinking, so day-to-day is not going to be that hard, but weekends are, and I have no idea how to party without drinking. I have been taking vicodin daily though, and have upped it ever since my therapist confronted me about it yesterday...he triggered something! Anyway, if I am writing about being pill-free do I need to do it on the drug forums or is it all the same thing anyway?
Old 01-04-2012, 04:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

My AA sponsor was a binge drinker. He drank maybe 4 or 5x per year. He's just as alcoholic as the guys who drank every day and 'round the clock. Alcoholism has to do with what happens when you drink, what it's like when you're not drinking, and whether you can "just say no" to that next 1st drink or not.

.....I know that doesn't answer your final question but I thought it may be good for you to hear it.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

From what I understand this forum (Newcomers To Recovery) is for everyone who's struggling. The other forums are to help keep people with similar problems together so you're not searching all over the place for questions / answers and you'll be able to ask certain questions directed at a certain group more easier.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

You're welcome to post about anything in the Newcomers forum, so no worries.

In all honesty, you may find it hard, or impossible to party without drinking in early sobriety.

Is the vicodin prescribed to you by your dr? If so, you might want to talk to him about getting off the pills.

And, please know there is lots of support here.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
sobriety date 5-2-12

Originally Posted by DayTrader View Post
My AA sponsor was a binge drinker. He drank maybe 4 or 5x per year. He's just as alcoholic as the guys who drank every day and 'round the clock. Alcoholism has to do with what happens when you drink, what it's like when you're not drinking, and whether you can "just say no" to that next 1st drink or not.

.....I know that doesn't answer your final question but I thought it may be good for you to hear it.
Thank you...I told my husband I needed to quit and he can't understand why bc I am not a daily drunk. I figure I still lose 3 days a week to drinking...That day, and the next 2 feeling like the world is ending.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Im an alcoholic through and through. I relapsed on pain pills, ended up having an 80mg a day habit for going on 3 years. Since Ive found sr ive wondered about witch site to post on. Ive opened up more on the substance abuse forum. Im old time AA. Dont talk about drugs in meetings. Its not serving me will these days I love and respect AA. This addiction has been devasting. It has produced some serious conflict on alot of levels. Today im grateful im not in the awful withdraw.