Notices

Day 4 :-)!!!!

Old 01-04-2012, 10:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 4 :-)!!!!

Good afternoon everyone!!! Had a lot of coffee this morning gonna get busy cleaning. Feeling pretty good even with the lack of sleep. Hope every one has a great day!
Old 01-04-2012, 11:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober since Jan 1, 2012

Me too (day 4) - have a great day!
Old 01-04-2012, 11:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

me too (ish)

Day 3.5 according to the recovery calendar on the main page. Feeling o.k., but worried about DT's / seizure type stuff. Do you know when that part of the process is no longer a fear? Thanks and congrats.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sober since Jan 1, 2012

clancy: No idea and I'm not a doc. Some say 24-48 hours, some say otherwise. Every body is a different body. How are you feeling today?
Old 01-04-2012, 11:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
dude in recovery

Originally Posted by clancydog View Post
Day 3.5 according to the recovery calendar on the main page. Feeling o.k., but worried about DT's / seizure type stuff. Do you know when that part of the process is no longer a fear? Thanks and congrats.
There is no certain day for everyone, but from what I have read it's about day 8 to 10. I know I felt like dirt for about two weeks, then a little bit better each week after.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

@Clancydog, I had a friend tell me today that their doctor said if your gonna have a seizure it will happen within day 1 or 2.(sure depends on your drinking history) I was totally freaking out about it yesterday. The only thing I have experience is insomnia and night sweats the first couple days. I woke up today and felt fine. I decided not to stress over it, cause for me I can really work myself up like you wouldn't believe. You may want to see your doctor to put your mind at ease. Keep up the good work!!! :-)
Old 01-04-2012, 12:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

@Clancydog

@Clancydog, I had a friend tell me today that their doctor said if your gonna have a seizure it will happen within day 1 or 2.(sure depends on your drinking history) I was totally freaking out about it yesterday. The only thing I have experience is insomnia and night sweats the first couple days. I woke up today and felt fine. I decided not to stress over it, cause for me I can really work myself up like you wouldn't believe. You may want to see your doctor to put your mind at ease. Keep up the good work!!! :-)
Old 01-04-2012, 01:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

thanks

thanks for the replies to my withdrawal timeline questions. I guess you all are right. there's no way t know for sure and everyone is different. Was just wondering about common experiences others might have had with their withdrawals. Feeling really good so far. This site is great!
Old 01-04-2012, 02:51 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Lost3000

Felt great all day, then just about a 1/2 hour ago ... nauseous, headachy, heart rate went up, general yuckyness. Hope it passes soon. How have you been doing? How long sober for you?
Old 01-04-2012, 03:59 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Felt great all day, then just about a 1/2 hour ago ... nauseous, headachy, heart rate went up, general yuckyness. Hope it passes soon. How have you been doing? How long sober for you?
I have been doing good. This is my 4Th day being sober I have drank pretty heavy for the last 15 years, the last few really heavy after my mom passed in 2007. I go a few months drinking every night then take one day off and start over. So I was really nervous after my first night cause its been like a couple years since I went 2 days sober. But I think now its gonna be my mind over matter or boredom control. I hope I don't have any surprise withdrawals this week. Try to take a hot bath/shower turn on some relaxing music or read it may help take your mind off how you feel. Hope you get feeling better. I know we can do this :-)...p.s. I have started a journal which helps.