I am still here...

Old 01-03-2012, 12:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am still here...

Happy New Year!

I am still here, reading and reading and did I say reading.

Thank you all for your experience, strength and hope I obtain from each and every post. Without you all I would not be standing here on my OWN two feet today. I am truly grateful for each and every one of you!

I am working my recovery. I have been attending f2f meetings throughout the weeks and the nights I do not go to a f2f meeting I am attend an online meeting. I have a sponsor. A wonderful lady I met at my very first meeting. We had such a connection. She is truly amazing. She has 32 years under her belt. I was given the go ahead last week to begin studying Step 2. I am working on me and only me. If it isn't in my hoola hoop or doesn't have my name on in it isn't my business.

I would like to change my screen name because I am not destroyed. Can someone give me instruction how to do that without having to create a new profile?

Love to you all.

"Fighting futility is just a waste of energy, Samantha. Either do something or quit fretting."
Celebra Tueli

Old 01-03-2012, 12:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I will send you a private message and we'll get that name changed to reflect the "new" you.
Old 01-03-2012, 12:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
hey there! a mod should read your request for a name change fairly soon (if not, they always check what I post...hehehehe). you "sound" good!

what's the new name gonna be?
"Farfalla"

I can relate to a butterfly and farfalla is Italian for butterfly. A butterfly is a symbol of transformation. I have and continue to undergo a massive amount of transition in MY life. I am changing the whole of MY life. I am keeping MY faith as I go through MY journey of MY recovery. Fretting, toiling and anger are useless against the turning tides of nature. I will encounter turns, shifts and conditions that may cause me to slide off track but with the tools I am acquiring I will be able to pick MYSELF back up.
Old 01-03-2012, 02:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Done