Notices

Exhaustion

Old 01-03-2012, 11:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sober since Jan 1, 2012

Exhaustion

Any idea on this exhaustion?

I'm so freaking tired! Day 3 for me. I guess it gets a little bit better each day. This morning I started off strong, now I'm already dropping and it's noon! I planned on going to yoga this evening but not sure if I can make it!

Should I push myself to go to yoga, or just take it easy? If I take it easy I'll go home, lay down a bit, clean the kitchen and make dinner.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Flip a coin? Just do something and stay awake so you can sleep tonight right? Keep on keeping on.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober since Jan 1, 2012

Hmm, true dat. First night slept horrible. Second night better. You are probably right, if I nap now I'll have a hard time sleeping later. Sooooo tired.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Cofffeeeeee! I hate to say it, but I hate napping mid afternoon, I can't sleep at night.. I'd much rather drink a cup of coffee, wake up now, and caffeine crash later, but that is just me.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I tried to really listen to what my body was telling me, because I'd been ignoring it for so long.

That helped a lot.
Old 01-03-2012, 12:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Good point Anna!
What Anna meant is that you want to avoid being tired or hungry or cold etc when trying to beat alcohol and that is right. So if being tired makes you more susceptible to a relapse now then nap. If not sleeping tonight is the lesser of two evils then nap. If not then make the call the other way. How about doing both? A quick Nap and then Yoga? I have found that if one is very good at meditation that the relaxation response can give more rest in 15 minutes than 8 hours of restless sleep. So if you get the relaxation response, that feeling of renewed strength and energy from yoga, then do both.
Old 01-03-2012, 12:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'd go to yoga. Might be tough to get there, but i guarantee you won't regret it when you are done. Sometimes you just have to retrain your body to plow forward.
Old 01-03-2012, 12:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I took naps when I could. Take a nap and go to Yoga! Just read what you wrote about naps. I was like that too when I was a drinker but now that I'm not I wake from naps better. I'm still foggy but if you only do it for an hour or so you may be better off.
Old 01-03-2012, 12:43 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Sober since Jan 1, 2012

Originally Posted by Itchy View Post
Good point Anna!
What Anna meant is that you want to avoid being tired or hungry or cold etc when trying to beat alcohol and that is right. So if being tired makes you more susceptible to a relapse now then nap. If not sleeping tonight is the lesser of two evils then nap. If not then make the call the other way. How about doing both? A quick Nap and then Yoga? I have found that if one is very good at meditation that the relaxation response can give more rest in 15 minutes than 8 hours of restless sleep. So if you get the relaxation response, that feeling of renewed strength and energy from yoga, then do both.
Yep, I know HALT. Mine is hunger without a doubt. I meant to quote Anna too but it didn't show up. Anna: Thanks!!

Originally Posted by MentalLoop View Post
I'd go to yoga. Might be tough to get there, but i guarantee you won't regret it when you are done. Sometimes you just have to retrain your body to plow forward.
I think I'm going to do this. Yoga I mean. LOL.

Originally Posted by 1undone View Post
I took naps when I could. Take a nap and go to Yoga! Just read what you wrote about naps. I was like that too when I was a drinker but now that I'm not I wake from naps better. I'm still foggy but if you only do it for an hour or so you may be better off.
If I was home, I'd nap. I can take cat naps easily (5-10) min but can't do that at work. Actually we do have a room set aside for exactly that, but I'm actually better now! I went out to get lunch, we are a bit brisk today (40s) and the quick walk did it! I'm still foggy, but I think that might be a withdrawal symptom.

I'm going to go for it everyone - yoga.
Old 01-03-2012, 12:50 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I think go to yoga (unless it is a stressful commute to & fro). It feels good to do something good for your mind & body, and helps keep motivation up. Let us know what you decide!
Old 01-03-2012, 12:52 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

~~I guess I was writing as you were posting! Good job
Old 01-03-2012, 12:54 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Sober since Jan 1, 2012

I'll let you all know how it goes.

MsJax: The commute is easy, bus then drive (plus, I got a Kindle Fire for my birthday!!!) and I will leave work early which is always less stressful.
Old 01-03-2012, 01:06 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Yeasss we can't have you snooozing at your desk! LOL
Old 01-03-2012, 01:10 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Sober since Jan 1, 2012

Originally Posted by 1undone View Post
Yeasss we can't have you snooozing at your desk! LOL
It was so bad yesterday I shut my office door and laid down on the floor! Luckily no one was around.
Old 01-03-2012, 02:44 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Good for you! Recovery first, but not at any expense. Some can be expensive!
Old 01-04-2012, 07:42 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Sober since Jan 1, 2012

Hi! Thought I'd pop in and let you know how it went!

Got to yoga class, barely, the class was full but some fellow yogis made room.

The class was heated, felt awesome. I went home, too tired to cook, so hubby agreed on takeout again.

I slept all the way through the night!!!!!!!! Woke up too early because hubby was up already, around 5am, but I slept very well.

Anyway, much more productive here at work and am planning on a repeat visit to the gym, just some light treadmill walking.