Notices

New here, today i say good bye to booze

Old 01-02-2012, 05:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New here, today i say good bye to booze

Hi all,
This is the time when i usually start drinking (way too many beers) but tonight it wont happen. My body and mind have had enough of the beating they have been taking for so long, i know it wont be easy but the advantages of sobriety and a better life are somethings i cannot continue to pass on.
I wonder if sleep will come or not and how long the process to recovery will be....in any other post i would sign off with a cheers but not on this one
Old 01-02-2012, 06:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Wise decision, boing. Our bodies can only take so much abuse. I was beginning to fall apart in many ways. I'm glad you found us, and we're so happy to have you here.

Whatever uncomfortable or restless feelings you may have - just remember it will all pass. You are opening the door to a whole new life, and you'll never regret it.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to SR boing

D
Old 01-02-2012, 06:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. You certainly came to the right place for support and information... Congrats on your decision...
Old 01-02-2012, 06:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

(((Boing))) - Welcome to SR!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 01-02-2012, 06:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you for the replies and encouragements. I will post regularly as i move on with the process, i have a feeling its going to be a hard night (cravings knocking hard on the door as we speak) so i will leave at this for now.

You all have a great night,

Rich
Old 01-02-2012, 08:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey boing welcome. My body and my world aroung me was beginning to fall apart as well. There are so many great people here that will love you through this. Best wishes and God bless.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:04 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome boing -

The inspiration and support here have been a huge part of my recovery. I wasn't sure I could get sober or even wanted to, but something had to give and I was so tired of waking up miserable. Life is so much better now that I can't imagine ever going back to that life.

Glad you're here!
Old 01-02-2012, 09:19 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome boing...I put down the drink today too. Look forward to seeing you in the threads.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:22 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

May tomorrow morning bring you the first of many hangover free mornings!
Old 01-03-2012, 05:14 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Wekcome to SR!
Old 01-03-2012, 12:40 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Last night without a drink was interesting, i felt uneasy, out of my skin and experienced a few bouts of anxiety. Funny part is i became very hungry and ate a all lots without ever satisfying my hunger, couldnt get to sleep and watched criminal minds reruns until i forced myself to bed. I didnt get any sleep and sweated to the point i had to change clothing. This morning was not the usual nasty hangover but i still feel a out of it and dizzy. The good thing is i feel happy i broke the nightly patern of getting drunk every night, i am hopeful that night 2 will be a bit easier (i dont usually drink during the day).
In any case i thank you for the support and please no matter who you are if you need any help please just ask (ironic i use to work as a substance abuse counselor)

I also became very thirsty/dry mouth and water didnt help, if someone has any suggestions on healthy soft drinks that could help please let me know. Thank you.

Rich
Old 01-03-2012, 12:57 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome to you to quitforme 79,
Sounds good i will look forward to see you and please if you need any help or just want to vent let me know....am not familar with the site feature yet so best you come to this thread and will take it from there.
Hang in there bud
Old 01-03-2012, 12:59 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi Boing!! I'm new too, welcome!!!

I drink a lot of diet iced tea, but I've heard that Gator Aide can be very refreshing as well.
Old 01-03-2012, 01:04 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Welcome!!!!

I was a sweaty one too! LOL It's all that ____ getting out of your body and it will probably happen for a few days.

Ya know this is funny but since I have been working on my recovery my feet don't smell at all anymore! LOLOLOL Just something to look forward to.

Old 01-03-2012, 01:04 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

You will definitely feel a bit out of sorts for a few days. I had terrible night sweats when I quit but they soon went away - 4-5 days.

You will soon feel much, much better. Ride it out.

Do some searches on the site about techniques that will allow you to deal with cravings - there's lots of great information here.

You can do it!

I'm excited for you.
Old 01-03-2012, 01:09 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 1undone View Post
Welcome!!!!

I was a sweaty one too! LOL It's all that ____ getting out of your body and it will probably happen for a few days.

Ya know this is funny but since I have been working on my recovery my feet don't smell at all anymore! LOLOLOL Just something to look forward to.

Funny indeed, you got me crackinp with the foot thing...
Thanks for the information and the support, i wish you the best for 2012 and beyond.
Old 01-03-2012, 01:14 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Snooper, thanks for the advice. Am going to try the diet iced tea, sounds good since i dont want to gain any weight by over-compensating with sweets and fatty foods.
Have a great day.
Old 01-03-2012, 01:20 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thank you tipping point, i will take on your advice and check out the info.
Going for a little walk by the beach, talk to you all a bit later.
Riding it out i will
Old 01-03-2012, 02:09 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

I'm drinking lots of water, unsweetened iced tea (to get my sugar levels back to normal) and low-cal Gatorade (to replenish all the good things in my body that alcohol took away from it). The icky stuff you're feeling is temporary, although while it lasts it can feel pretty uncomfortable. Just remember it's not forever and once you're past it, you will feel so good that you'll wonder why you ever put your body through such torture! Good luck to you and congratulations on your decision to pursue a sober life.