2012 is the year I...

Old 01-02-2012, 02:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

2012 is the year I...

Generally, I'm not a resolution-maker. But, this year I have a mission. 2012 is the year I become a serious photographer. Budget cuts at work mean I have 14 unpaid furlough days this year. I intend to use those days (along with any other time I can manage) to improve my photography and make it into a real business. I have decided to spend those days and more marketing my work, designing marketing materials, blogging about my journey into photography, and of course, taking more photographs. This is the year I go all in on my dream. This is the year I follow my bliss.

What about you? What are your plans for the year?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
bluelayers.jpg (63.8 KB, 137 views)
Old 01-02-2012, 02:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I went shooting on New Year's Eve Day after being in a funk for a time and losing my muse...
Attached Images
Hawkeye.jpg (47.9 KB, 133 views)
Old 01-02-2012, 02:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

2012 is the year I find my photo-mojo. LOL
Attached Images
shastacapped.jpg (61.6 KB, 135 views)
Old 01-02-2012, 03:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

nice

I love them. You have an eye for it. My pictures are never good. Where is that at? If you dont mind me asking.
Old 01-02-2012, 04:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

These were all taken on New Year's Eve within 30 miles of my home in Northern California.

Happy New Year!

L
Old 01-02-2012, 04:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

This is the year I start translating stuff (English-Spanish and viceversa) for money.

I would also like to learn how to read Haitian Creole fluently.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Choublak,

I don't know where you live, but where I am the courts are always in need of interpreters. There is a certification process you have to go through, but work is plentiful once you get certified.

L
Old 01-02-2012, 05:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

wow...you are truly gifted...what gorgeous photos. My goal this year is to re-build my business from the ground up...look for talent, help as many families as we can touch, and have more "down" time too. This is the year for work/life balance: actually!
Old 01-02-2012, 05:36 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

LTD, love them as always, and love mine everyday! ; )

This year I finish my thesis. I have to. I get kicked out of the program if I don't.

And this year I will para-glide off the side of a mountain. Gotta do something wild to celebrate turning 40, right?!
Old 01-02-2012, 10:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Para glide? what is para glide?? sounds... extreme...!

Thanks LTD for your great thread and great pictures!

choublak, I am a native Spanish speaker.. if there is a doubt with slang or something just PM me, I might be able to help... also my dad and his wife are both ATA certified so if you need tips I can give you their emails.. they are quite friendly
American Translators Association : Certification : ATA Certification Program-Index

This year I either:

-go get my M Sc

-start my second major in nothing else than: Fashion Design. I know I am good with colors and shapes. The IQ test taken 20 years ago said it. And I am just starting to believe it LOL. First semester starts in March.

Anyway, the main resolution I got is "to take care of the living beings in my house this year including myself"

I just started to water an almost-dried bamboo plant (like 5 meters wide) and am spoiling my cats even more. I am also buying more organic stuff I love and cooking for myself more.

After being on a super depressing funk, today I went boxing and to a yoga class. I also asked for a 2nd opinion RE my knee issues. The doc told me I need microsurgery. I might go for it. In any case I feel much better. Besides, the boxing guys were VERY friendly.

LTD I look forward to look at all the pictures , past , present and future!
Old 01-03-2012, 08:22 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Paragliding Alaska (Soaring Eagle River) - YouTube
Paragliding in Eagle River, just above my house. I spent all last summer watching them as I worked in my yard. This year I am going!

TC - I am so excited for you. You go girl!
Old 01-03-2012, 08:26 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

BEAUTIFUL! That mountain up there is wearing a hat.

I am going to get active again. I used to be a fairly good athlete and I miss seeing my body work at physical things instead of being something that's looked at and picked apart (by me). I'm trying to remember what it's like to inhabit a body that DOES things. Know what I mean?
Old 01-03-2012, 08:42 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

Great pics yet again!
Originally Posted by LaTeeDa View Post
What about you? What are your plans for the year?
Dive trip to the Keys in Feb. then to Dominican Republic in April. Will be the first time to DR so I'm pumped. Been thinking about a Belize live aboard for later in the season.
Dive BELIZE AGGRESSOR, Belize live-aboard -- with U.S. Dive Travel.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:44 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tuffgirl View Post
Paragliding Alaska (Soaring Eagle River) - YouTube
Paragliding in Eagle River, just above my house. I spent all last summer watching them as I worked in my yard. This year I am going!
Wow TG! Before you do it you gotta get one of the helmet-cams, okay? I want to live vicariously through you, lol.

L
Old 01-03-2012, 09:25 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Wow. Gorgeous photos, LTD!

2012 is the year I start telling people the truth in love. In all my relationships.
Old 01-03-2012, 12:20 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

LTD...my goodness you're so talented!! I'm blown away

As for me, 2012 is the year I change my circumstance (job wise) instead of sitting around complaining about it. I had a promising job interview on the 29th so...maybe something will come of it!
Old 01-03-2012, 12:52 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

In 2012 I plan to take back my home, get it fixed up and on the market. I want to find new turf, a place without all the memories (good and bad) that this house has. I want to learn to speak Italian. Then go to Tuscany for a month!
Old 01-03-2012, 01:33 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Wow LTD - I really love that 3rd pic - looks like something out of Tolkien's imagination - a magic mountain in Middle Earth or something! And it makes me so happy to know it is REAL! Life is beautiful.

2012 is my year to Let It Be! 2011 was so chock-a-block: graduated nursing school (my 1st college degree - woot woot) passed the NCLEX/got my RN license, got an intense 1st job, started working nights in October, moved house (after more than a decade in one place - yowsa!!).

I don't even know who I am anymore, so much has changed! So 2012 will be my year to just enjoy and appreciate the fruits of my labor and start to integrate all this newness into who I am and where I'm at in the world.

Lettin' it be and livin' in gratitude here on the East coast...

Peace all- blessings on everyone's 2012 endeavors!
B
Old 01-03-2012, 06:10 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

It's great to hear all the plans you guys have for the upcoming year!

Choublak--it's more than just translating, it's helping people understand each other. A noble activity indeed.

MsGrace--rebuilding a business sounds like hard work, but so rewarding.

TG--a thesis AND paragliding? You are quite versatile, aren't you?

Florence--when I was going through my divorce, I walked every day. Excercise does wonders for the soul as well as the body.

Anvil--Instead of FICTION, how about IMAGINATION? Seems a lot more fun to me. And yes, lenticular clouds are very interesting. Photographically and otherwise. Mt. Shasta "creates" them quite often, which probably contributes to the legends and myths of Lemurians (extraterrestrials) having built a colony inside the mountain. One of the very first photos I ever took with a DSLR was a lenticular cloud over Mt. Shasta. It's still one of my favorites.

Jazz--can't wait to see the videos of the dive trips. I live vicariously through you, too, lol.

lillamy--ah yes, the truth. Sometimes difficult, but always worth it.

noday--you will find just the right job, I know it.

aviatrix--we're gonna need pictures of Tuscany!

Bernadette--whew, what a year for you! Congrats on the degree and new career. I think relaxing and enjoying it is a great goal for 2012. And the mountain IS real and life IS beautiful, but some still believe it has magical powers. Who knows, maybe it does.

Here's to 2012 being the best year yet!

L
Attached Images
lenticularblanket.jpg (42.6 KB, 40 views)
Old 01-03-2012, 06:17 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Originally Posted by lillamy View Post
Wow. Gorgeous photos, LTD!

2012 is the year I start telling people the truth in love. In all my relationships.

OMG I give you the Bravest resolution award lillamy!