Notices

Finish my last beer and that's it

Old 01-01-2012, 02:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Finish my last beer and that's it

Well, I thought yesterday I would stop drinking but that didn't work. I need a drink. Drank 11 beers and feel a little nervous but that's it. It has to end sometime and I have to face the music of embarrassment, hangover and feeling like sh!t. I hope 2012 will be the year I give up alcohol for good but I don't know. I feel like I'm on an enlist roller coaster ride and just can't get off of it. I know it's because I'm drunk now and feel bad but I don't know. Hopeless is still hopeless in my mind. Just want a sober life. Just wish I was one of those alcoholic that when they drink they get drunk that night and stop drinking in the morning. I just don't have any will power. Hitting the bed and going to fight through the sweats and pain I always go throughout the days that I start drinking.

Happy New Years!
Old 01-01-2012, 03:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good luck, Action. You can do it. Gaining some resolve while you're drunk is good and all, but it has to stick and remain the next morning. Just believe in yourself and you can do it. Remind yourself every time you want a drink why it is you want to quit. And remember how good it feels to finally be free from alcohol. Keep posting on SR and know that people are here for you who believe in you. You can do it.
Old 01-01-2012, 05:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

I was on that rollercoaster ride for nearly 30 years. The last 10 years were a daily cylce of get drunk, pass out, wake up, feel like crap, go to work, get home, repeat. The day I decided to step off that ride was the best day of my life. That was over 2 1/2 years ago and while my life isn't perfect, it's a damn sight better than it was while I was trapped on that rollercoaster. If I can do it, you can too!
Old 01-01-2012, 05:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good Luck?

Good luck with that . . . (Like luck ever helped me!)
Have you ever done AA (What 164 pAAges sAAy we do in Our Text)??

Last edited by tthornyone; 01-01-2012 at 05:21 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 01-01-2012, 05:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Dos?

I guess you mAAy want to change you sobriety dAAte?
Old 01-01-2012, 05:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Keep trying with all your might, you've got a new 365 stretch of days to decide not to drink on each and every one.
Old 01-01-2012, 06:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

So what's the game plan to stay sober?
Old 01-01-2012, 06:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Going to try to get a supporter. Everything something like this happen, I don't have anymore I can trust or understand what I'm going through.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:05 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Action,

Never, Ever give up! It seems like you aren't giving up because you are posting. You have support here. Can you make a list of triggers that is prompting you to drink? Then come up with sober alternatives. Can you write down all the feelings you have (hopeless, shame, etc) when hungover. Read this list daily for a reality check on what drinking is really doing to you. Take it one day at a time and be prepared to spend a lot of time on this forum and any other means of support necessary. Make another list of the benefits of changing, what alcohol has cost you and any goals you want to achieve that continued drinking will not make possible. Lastly, believe in yourself. You are far stronger than you realize
Old 01-01-2012, 09:08 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Action... you really really should consider AA or some other support group or therepy. I am praying for you kid.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:16 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

If addiction was all about "willpower," there would be no addicts! You have a disease and you are powerless over alcohol - it has YOU. That isn't your fault, but your recovery IS. And you can't do it alone. I've tried countless times and the only thing that is working for me is the support of a WONDERFUL doctor and the good people of AA. Get some good people behind you, believe that you CAN have a sober life, and believe that yes, you can do this. The people here at SR are proof of that. It can be done, and soon you will be adding YOUR success story here too.

I'm praying for you.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:22 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

You know the old saying, "If you keep doing what your doing, you will keep getting what your getting". May-be it's time to make some changes to your approach to quitting.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:28 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ACT10Npack View Post
Going to try to get a supporter. Everything something like this happen, I don't have anymore I can trust or understand what I'm going through.
Now, um, have you been to an AA meeting yet?

There are rooms full of people who will support you and know what you are going through. Many of those you can trust. Go to one, raise your hand, introduce yourself, tell them how you are doing, that you need help and support.

Are you willing to try that? If not, what, exactly are you going to do.... Do you have a plan?
Old 01-01-2012, 09:35 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Let's look foward to a new day!!!
Old 01-01-2012, 11:22 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Xyphen View Post
Good luck, Action. You can do it. Gaining some resolve while you're drunk is good and all, but it has to stick and remain the next morning. Just believe in yourself and you can do it. Remind yourself every time you want a drink why it is you want to quit. And remember how good it feels to finally be free from alcohol. Keep posting on SR and know that people are here for you who believe in you. You can do it.
Good words there... I used to wake up every day and say, "No drinking today.." because, well, I was still drunk, heh.

The hardest time to stay sober, is when you're sober. Nobody can refute that..