Notices

Cheated....But Made It!

Old 12-31-2011, 09:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cheated....But Made It!

Friday night I was talking to my aunt who lives in the middle east with my grand father. He is 93 and recently fell and broke his hip. Not sure how many of you are familiar with this injury but at that age without operating, it is basically a death sentence. Anyhow....on the call yesterday she told me how tough it was on her and how she can't sleep nights because he is in constant pain and needs constant adjustment. She pleaded with me to make the trip soon, if for no other reason than emotional support. As I am sure most of you can relate, if you think about it, every day past January 1 gets busier and busier, especially with two working parents and two kids.

Then it dawns on me. Carpe Diem! The first week of January is probably second slowest to the last week of December. And well, there is this little drunk fest I am supposed to go to called a new years eve party. Did I mention I am only sober 34 days? Now I am pretty sure that god doesn't injure others to help people, but I do think he gave me a way out with my grand father. I booked the ticket and got on a flight at 4PM EST the 31st of December. I am connecting through Amsterdam, but it crossed midnight in Amsterdam while I was in the air and I landed at midnight NY time. I crossed two New Years without a lick of liquor and didn't bat an eye!!!!! Thank You God!

The guy next to me did get sloshed, but thankfully he got really sloppy and reminded me why I don't drink anymore. God forbid he had one or two and struck up a conversation with me. But again, the big guy upstairs looked out for me, and instead the flight attendant had to sternly tell the passenger that they would have him restrained if he continued. Albeit that the moron was serving him in the first place.

I made it, I made it!
Old 12-31-2011, 09:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

glad to have you back ML - and much prayer for your grandfather, you, and your family.

D
Old 01-01-2012, 12:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My New years....

Deleted
Old 01-01-2012, 08:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((ML))) - Sounds like you made the right decision all around! Big hugs and prayers to you, your aunt, and your grandfather.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy