Notices

Another try

Old 12-31-2011, 02:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Another try

Hello - posted here a few months ago about stopping and of course was not successful. The past 3 months have brought some moderation, but a few times where I definitely had too, too much and poor judgment ensued. I have too much on the line to allow for this - am lucky that I have not gotten into serious trouble, so why not take that gift and stop? That's the plan!

I have never had blackouts before, but recently starting having them after relatively few drinks (I say that because, of course, I can drink far more than most women my size). I understand the progression of alcoholism and realize that I must take this seriously and get things under control.

I have a lot of stress in my life - who doesn't, right? But, I have aging parents that live in another state that are very demanding of my time and attention, a 15 year old that is awesome but still requires lots from me (and she get is - she is my priority, of course), and a husband that I am trying to leave, one way or another. He is a good man in many ways, but no longer for me. Regarding my drinking - he is hyper-critical - never supportive, etc. One good reason to quit is to stop giving him that to look down on me about!

My goals for myself are to stop this drinking business, take care of my girl, and build my business so that I have the income and security I need to start a new single life.

I am on day 2 today - Happy New Year, everyone!!
Old 12-31-2011, 03:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm on the same path once again..........I just hope I stick to it this time.....My husband and I were finally talking about taking action together.......I'm really excited. I just hope and pray that my last beer was today right before noon. I know every minute counts.

Congrats on day 2. Happy New Years.
Old 12-31-2011, 03:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back to the both of you
Happy New Year

D
Old 12-31-2011, 03:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

((seethefuture))) - Welcome to SR and congrats on 2 days! I've gone through a lot of stresses in recovery, but am glad I haven't made MORE bad decisions that actually add more stress. It may seem like a good idea at the time - get numb, forget about everything, but it always came back to bite me in the a$$ The problems were still there and I had to deal with the guilt/shame/remorse I felt for numbing out.

These days, I try really hard to not make bad decisions that are just going to cause MORE stress.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-31-2011, 08:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for the welcome and understanding. I have to make this stick!
Old 12-31-2011, 08:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome back, seethefuture!

Congratulations on day 2. I totally agree with your logic of stopping before things get bad! I had similar thoughts, like "what was I waiting for? Why not get the hard part over with and get on with life?!"

Sober is good.......
Old 01-02-2012, 09:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Still trucking along ........... hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the hope that the New Year always brings.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

those look like noble goals See..... keep an open mind and I'm sure you'll be able to find the tools you'll want/need to get what you desire.