New Years Day

Old 12-31-2011, 05:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New Years Day

My AW is really out there now. I quit today for good. I am letting this co-dependency go. I have been to 2 Celebrate Recovery bon fires and burned the same things that I am letting go of twice. I have been consumed with this over the holidays. It was getting worse instead of better. The move will be complete next week. Its off to my new home next week. A fresh start. The knives will cut me no more. I do not need this in my life. Her addiction became my addiction. It really made me ill. This stops now. Happy New Year to all.
Old 12-31-2011, 06:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Are you going to meetings or seeing a therapist? Just like our A's need help to heal their addictions so do we. It's really hard to go cold turkey. I logically understood what i needed to do regarding my AS, but it wasnt ntil I found a good therapist (took a few) and a supportive group to attend that I really started to heal.

I hope you can find peace in the new year
Old 12-31-2011, 07:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I know how you feel about the resentments. Mine seem to be rather fireproof as well.....sigh.
Old 12-31-2011, 01:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

topdog

are you moving back to the same town she lives in? if so you may find that you will have to draw upon more resources that provide serenity and healthy boundaries. so many times I have said that "I am done for good" and then "relapsed" over and over. love, relationships, life...is a great mystery and for some of us it becomes an even more unknowable mystery because of addiction and codependent or dysfunctional relationships with addiction
we really need the support of WE in these areas. if you are moving back to the same town I hope for you that there are really great meetings waiting for you! best of luck!