Notices

Potty training a pup SR peace

Old 12-30-2011, 12:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Potty training a pup SR peace

I got frustrated in it, stepping smelling wise and then I thought I'm an alcoholic who didn't potty train his life so well then I was reading these pro/anti AA posts today and I just thought let's paper train than move on. Please let's support not judge but first remember we are in this together. So I no noed the pup, took him out, cleaned up but didn't judge badness. Post problely doesn't make sense but I think in these terms but basically I think when I get on SR and there's discord that's not why I need.
Old 12-30-2011, 05:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((Fitz))) - I don't like discord, never have. Even when there's a "healthy" debate, I get a little uneasy...that's just how I am.

I, personally, think there are all kinds of roads to recovery. I tried out several things, then worked out my own way. I've learned a lot from those who believe in God, and those who don't; from Buddhism, native American beliefs and many more. Don't know that I was so open-minded before recovery, but maybe it's just one of those things I've learned

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-30-2011, 05:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

MycoolFitz - There are two sides to every debate but I don't see a reason to refer to any situation on SR as potty training a dog. There are waves of emotions during recovery or trying to fight alcoholism. Lashing out on a full group of people is probably not the best option because then you're generalizing as a whole.
Old 12-30-2011, 06:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
to refer to any situation on SR as potty training a dog.
No, he really is potty training a dog.
He's just applying the analogy to some of the discord he's uncomfortable with.

I know how you feel Fitz. It is my belief that fellow travelers don't cross my path by accident though, so there is wisdom for me to pick out even among the discord. It's harder to find often, but I don't usually mind digging.
Old 12-30-2011, 06:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I get you too Fitz. It is the stress of the holidays and many jump before thinking in recovery, especially those in early recovery. And you are hanging in there with a lot on your plate too bud. Let's get through this together.
Old 12-30-2011, 06:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberlicious View Post
No, he really is potty training a dog.
He's just applying the analogy to some of the discord he's uncomfortable with.
Thanks for clarifying this soberlicious, maybe I read it too quickly and jumped the gun on my reply .
Old 12-30-2011, 07:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey its okay all. I jumped in and I take all responses to heart. I know not to know is the greatest gift. But I feel so bad about the potty trainging thing to insult anyone in the fellowship. You all have my deepest respect NAMASTE (It's a cool term, you can google it.) And again I will be more careful with my senseless humor.
Old 12-30-2011, 07:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I needed to add one more thing, I have an Oscar Wilde way of expressing myself that is problematic. I can't take offence to an SR post when I can be constured as offensive. I used to drive my teachers and students crazy. When I taught grad school they'd walk in like guilty even though I was joking--but not about poor writing, that ticked me off. So please, I will proof my posts but my humor is an issue.
Old 12-30-2011, 07:38 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

(((Fitz))) - you're fine...it's okay, really Take it from someone who thought I was the "serial thread killer" as often when I posted, no one else would. I've worried about offending people, many times when I haven't. I'm sure if I read my posts from when I first came here, I would cringe. I was all about "you should" when I really didn't have a clue

The great thing about SR is that we come here from still-struggling-wanting-to-quit to 20+ years in recovery and everything in between. Some things bug us today, and we may pay no attention 3 or 6 months from now.

We're human

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-30-2011, 07:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

^

D