Notices

Just a Stupid Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 08:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just a Stupid Thread

A lot of death in my life lately but I still have to live what I didn't do from years of abuse. I wonder if others feel as lost and lonely as I but I'm alive and sober and I can actually still laugh at nothing. Like Mony Python
Old 12-29-2011, 09:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
LOL Monty Python is genius!
Laughter has gotten me through the worse times in my life. There's a reason they say "laughter is the best medicine" because in times of sorrow and pain it really can be a soothing balm or at the least a much needed diversion if even for a moment. I know you feel lost and lonely...I wish you continued strength as these feelings pass through you.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi MycoolFitz -

I am sorry you are feeling so down and glad you can think about the positive things you have at the moment. Yes, I feel lonely and lost at times. When I'm feeling down I go exercise, take a nap, or treat myself to something I enjoy. Isn't it great to be able to laugh at nothing? I never laughed at anything when I was drinking because I never noticed anything outside of MYSELF, and trust me, what was going on inside of myself was not too funny.

Hope you feel better soon

Inca
Old 12-29-2011, 09:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Fritz, sometimes I have the hardest belly laughs when I am in the middle of something terribly tough. I think it's God's natural pain killer for us. Praying for you friend.
God bless.
Old 12-30-2011, 12:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Earth Child

We have never watched Monty Python ....we should do at lest one point in our life watch them

Our thoughts are with you

Ella
Old 12-30-2011, 01:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Random Guy

How can you not laugh at monty python? I have the holy grail practically memorized! and have watched all of the flying circus (although some of those are hit and miss).

But on a more somber note I remember when it seemed every time I left the country, (at least once a year for me) another person in my family died. In fact I told my sister she better be careful as I am running out of family at this point. it was a bad joke, but i'm just letting you know that while I don't know exactly what you are going through I have a vauge idea and feel for you.

INH

PS DA you need to sit down and at least watch Monty Python and the Holy Grail the rest of the movies are optional but that one is not. you don't have to like it as not everyone likes british humor and on top of that Monty Pythons particular brand of british humor but you should at least see it. If you don't know what the killer rabbit of Caerbannog is you are wrong!