Notices

Help me

Old 12-29-2011, 06:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Help me

I was doing so well for about 4 months...Then I went to my mom's over Christmas break and asked her for a couple Ambien, thinking their not a narcotic, it's no big deal. She gave me some, i ended up blacking out and stealing all her pills on Christmas night. My whole family doesn't trust me and they were just starting to. I always end up ruining everything. Are they ever going to trust me again? I feel horrible! i FEEL LIKE i HAVE A DEMON INSIDE ME! I wish I never started using. Ambien isn't even a narcotic and look what it did to me. What should I do?
Old 12-29-2011, 06:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

((imperfect)) - Welcome to SR. Love the name, btw

A lot of drugs are not narcotics but are still addictive and can touch on those parts of our brains where it registers "feel good stuff!!" Ambien is one of them, and I've read stories here of people who did some really crazy stuff on Ambien.

The best thing is to not take anything that isn't prescribed to you. I've found that people are addicted or abuse things I've never thought of, so reading here has taught me a lot.

As far as the trust, you're just going to have to try to build it back up. As far as beating yourself up for what happened, I understand it, but it really serves no purpose. Dust yourself off and get back into recovery.

There are a lot of people here who know just how you feel - you aren't alone.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-29-2011, 06:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's way too risky to take medication that isn't prescribed for you. I'm really glad that you're okay, and try to not be too hard on yourself. You can get back to your recovery.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

It's not over. You can get back on the right path. Don't beat yourself up over this. I've been trying for the past year to get sober. Three attempts, three failures. But I'm not giving up. You have a DISEASE and it's NOT your fault. But your recovery IS your own responsibility. I learned that lesson today and it was eye opening. Sometimes you have to stumble and fall down a few times to realize what is most important. Every time I've relapsed it felt like a failure, but at the same time it taught me something about myself. My journey toward sobriety begins again on Saturday. I hope you will join me. We can do this together.
Old 12-31-2011, 08:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone....yea my family doesn't really want to talk to me right now. You're feedback is great it made me feel better!