Notices

Hi All! I am new and getting ready to stop

Old 12-28-2011, 08:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi All! I am new and getting ready to stop

I have been following SR for over a month. I am new to sobriety. The longest I have gone is 8 days. I tried to give it up before the holidays. I should have known I was setting myself up for failure. I type this with a glass of wine in one hand and a tissue wiping the tears from my eyes in the other. I have not picked a date to quit; it will just come to me. I hope my next post will be that it has been one day and then one week and then one month... that is my wish to me for the New Year. Thanks to all.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Today's a nice date for Day one? Or tomorrow morning? Really. You want to stop an you can.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi FourSeasons

I know it's scary to be looking at quitting, but I really think the sooner you decide to do that, the sooner you can move from where you are to a far better headspace

You'll find a ton of support here

Welcome!
D
Old 12-28-2011, 09:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi FourSeasons and welcome to SR!

Love your handle/ moniker (and the hotel group).

Come join our team quitting in December 2011 if you like. Still plenty of room.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Hi FourSeasons!

I also came here for a couple months before I finally made my first post, also with a glass of wine (most likely had tissues, too!). I was terrified to even entertain the idea of getting sober. I was equally afraid that I'd succeed and afraid that I'd fail.

I've been sober since I made that post (19 months ago) and it still amazes me. This is a great place - I'm glad you found us!
Old 12-28-2011, 10:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

(((FourSeasons))) - Welcome to SR!!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-28-2011, 10:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by artsoul View Post
Hi FourSeasons!

I also came here for a couple months before I finally made my first post, also with a glass of wine (most likely had tissues, too!). I was terrified to even entertain the idea of getting sober. I was equally afraid that I'd succeed and afraid that I'd fail.

I've been sober since I made that post (19 months ago) and it still amazes me. This is a great place - I'm glad you found us!
Thank you. Your response means alot to me. I know I have some work to do. I hope I can stop...
Old 12-28-2011, 10:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by artsoul View Post
Hi FourSeasons!

Thank-you!!!

Your post has made an impact. I appreciate your words. Thank-you
Old 12-28-2011, 10:32 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi FourSeasons! Glad to hear you want to quit. I'm a new member as well. Today is 8 days sober for me and I can tell you right now, you CAN do it. And as I have found, there is more support here at SR than you can imagine.

Since you are already drinking right now, perhaps tomorrow can be your first day of the rest of your life. Unless you plan to go out for New Years. If that is the case, then perhaps New Years day can be your first. Its a decision you have to be comfortable with and one that you are properly prepared for. It will be hard but there is a lot of support here at SR.

Old 12-29-2011, 04:05 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Greetings

I'm relatively new to sobriety as well but I remember those days oh so clearly toward the end of my drinking career. I would open up bottles of wine with tears streaming down my face-- not really wanting to drink anymore, hating what I let my life become, etc.

Please keep visiting SR and consider a program like AA. It could end up saving your life. I know it saved mine.