passing out at 22 days sober?

Old 12-28-2011, 05:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

passing out at 22 days sober?

my boyfriend says he is 22 days sober. Today he disappeared into a public bathroom for 20 minutes. When he came out his was pale, visibly shaking, and said he had just passed out twice in bathroom. He said he felt really sick and light headed. He then become worried as to why this happened and seemed really concerned for his health. Before this episode he looked and was talking with me like he normally does.

I am having trust issues with him so immediately Im thinking he relapsed. However this is a vary bias perception on my part and right now its hard for me to look beyond myself.

So any thoughts? are these signs of using again, or is there something else going on?

Thank you
Old 12-28-2011, 05:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

yeah.....He is a stubborn one. I told him if he passes out again he wont have a choice. I am doing some looking around on the internet as for a reason, could this be PAWS symptoms?
Old 12-28-2011, 05:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

what is his drug of choice?
Old 12-28-2011, 05:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I think paws is between 6-9 mos.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

could this be PAWS symptoms?
No highly unlikely.

Since we cannot give medical advice, I won't. But I will say that many of us in early recovery were hypoglycemic. He really needs to get a COMPLETE workup from a doctor. A big part of early recovery is getting ourselves PHYSICALLY HEALTHY and that usually starts with a Dr visit.

J M H O

Love and hugs,
Old 12-28-2011, 05:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

drug of choice is oxy.

I apologize I didn't mean to ask for medical advice. Im just trying to find peace of mind and sometime talking (or typing) outside of my own head helps
Old 12-28-2011, 10:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I have one here (husband) that thinks it's fun to do Hydro (Vicodin).

What I have found is....they don't like to go to the Dr. because their prescription might be taken away.

Of course...this doesn't hold true if they are getting stuff off the street or online.
Mine has a script that the stupid a$$ doctor keeps renewing.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cynical one View Post
If out of the blue I passed out twice in a 20 minute period, I'd be on my way to the doctor or the ER to find out what was going on.
A normal person would indeed seek immediate medical attention after passing out 2x in 20 minutes in any bathroom, let alone a public one.

What addicts say and do are often very different things, thus the trust issue.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:03 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

it's possible that he had blood sugar problem, not taking care of himself for the sober time and his body doesn't care for the change.

I kinda wonder how he'd manage to do oxy and get that reaction in 20 minutes.

Maybe do more than gentle pushes toward seeing a doctor? Might be time to actually shove his bum into the office.
I only suggest giving him some direction and help as such a short time sober he's probably needing all the help he can get. Especially if he's truly sick.
Old 12-29-2011, 03:42 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Im just so unsure of this whole thing. I wondered about the heroin too, but he hasn't acted jittery or ocd behaviors like he normally does when high. He did say that he hasn't been eating a lot while at work and by that time it was possible he hadn't eaten a thing until 7pm.

Agg. I guess the real answer is no one knows, but him. And only he can fix himself.
Thank you everyone for your input.
Old 12-30-2011, 07:00 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

two summers ago i was getting ready to meet my friend. i had been sitting down for about five minutes. i stood up and immediately had vertigo. everything was off balance, i stumbled to a chair to hold my balance, then fell to the couch. i was scared and couldn't move, it lasted about ten minutes. i considered going to the hospital, but then felt fine. i did go get checked a few days later but nothing was found after a bunch of tests.

how was he acting afterwards?
Old 01-02-2012, 10:25 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

The only sure way to know is to bust him with a good quality drug test. What were his eyes like when he came out of the bathroom? Did his eyes look like little pins?